Watchtower did not upgrade from 0.35.3 to 1.0.1 after 8 hours

Hello.

Since this morning, my dashboard notice me that a new version is available.

I have setup watchtower :

# docker ps -a

CONTAINER ID IMAGE COMMAND CREATED STATUS PORTS NAMES
770f85d981e0 storjlabs/storagenode:beta “/entrypoint” 3 days ago Up 3 days 0.0.0.0:14002->14002/tcp, 0.0.0.0:28967->28967/tcp storagenode
18b87b9c29cf storjlabs/watchtower “/watchtower storage…” 2 weeks ago Up 4 days watchtower

But even after 8 hours, my node is not upgraded :

Is it normal ?

Watch tower updates after 3 days of time. Sometimes watchtower time falls on when an update happens whats why some people update before others.

Interval at which watchtower checks for updates can be easily changed, modifying last parameter in:
docker run -d --restart=always --name watchtower -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock storjlabs/watchtower storagenode watchtower --stop-timeout 300s --interval 21600

No it can’t. The current version of the storjlabs/watchtower ignores this parameter and instead checks at a random interval between 12 and 72 hours.

Oh, I missed details on that.

If watchtower ignore – interval 21600 parameter and check randomly between 12 and 72 hours, this behavior explain why my node was still running on 0.35.3

I have manually update it :wink:

No you have to wait until watchtower does it… otherwise why even bother setting it up if you just ignore what STORJ wants you to do?

In my opinion the notification is being pushed to the node too soon. It should really only be notifying you if you are beyond the standard 3-day window.

2 Likes

My node is still running on v1.0.1 release and my watchtower is active :

But I have warning for 6 days :

If your running docker it wasnt included in the release right away, Watchtower updates every 12 hours or 3 days.