Watchtower updates fail on Synology NAS with Docker v18.09.6 > FATAL Unrecoverable error {"error": "operator wallet address isn't specified"}

Not sure how reliable it is. I did got an email 7 hours ago for some outdated packages (not related to docker/storj). But I DID NOT get an email for the “docker terminated unexpectedly”-message when the node got updated 15 hours ago. (the update was successfull, the message apears anyway)
Maybe the reason is to avoid flooding the inbox for already existing messages, because there were lots of “docker terminated unexpectedly”-messages and I never deleted them. I cleared all messages now and I hope that it will send the email next time.

1 Like

You’re right, it won’t inform you of issues with individual containers. I recommend using uptimerobot.com to monitor the storj port. That has worked wonders for me so far.

4 Likes

Today we have update of watchtower from containrrr

I think this update should solve issue that specified in topic, because if you looking into debug mode of new watchtower version:

2019-09-11 18:04:04 (debug): Sleeping for a seconds to ensure the docker api client has been properly initialized.

I think it was root cause of previous watchtover version that corrupt storagenode configuration files.

Thanks for this heads up, I’ll wait until there is a next storagenode update and instead of updating manually I’ll try running watchtower and see if this indeed fixed it. I think there may have been more extensive issues since Synology pulled the update, but we’ll see. Thanks either way!

1 Like

New docker update is available on Synology that should address this (actually a re-issue of the old version but with a fix!). Haven’t yet been able to test.

1 Like

Yes I saw! Will test with the next node update and report back

1 Like

And right on cue we got an update today! So I updated docker to the new fixed version, restarted my node and ran watchtower. A few minutes later it updated without problems.

Looks like the problem has been solved!

This fix is included in the version Synology calls v18.09.0-0506 (which is actually based on docker daemon version v18.09.6 and client v18.09.8)

4 Likes

Had the older version and update worked well (because of that). Thanks for the note, just quickly stopped, upgraded docker and started again. Next update should work then as well :slight_smile: Thanks!

2 Likes

Is this already fixed? I just moved my old node from Raspberry to my new DS218+ and I haven’t yet setted up watchtower. Is it safe for me to set it up? Are there still problems? How should I do it?
Thank you for an answer :slight_smile:

Watchtower has been working great for me on synology. This was an issue with a bad update that synology has since pulled. The latest version of docker available on Synology works just fine.

1 Like