Weird node behaviour

It should be CMR, and no one version of SMR. See PSA: Beware of HDD manufacturers submarining SMR technology in HDD's without any public mention

Actually my hard drive is none of them as i mentioned before i am using Toshiba Canvio Basics (2018) Hard drive 4 TB HDTB440EK3CA
And i just found out that the SSD i need for the project with 4TB costs about 443EUROS and i bought the disk i already have for 72Euros :rofl: ???
SO there is no way i am getting thisā€¦
I may be able to afford a 1 TB disk but can i keep the data in this case??? If i excecute the command docker stop storagenode and then docker remove storagenode will i have to erase all the data and start over again??
Can i stop docker and restart it with different parameteres while keeping my data???

Yes thatā€™s what i did i changed the config page but docker wouldnt start.
Should i stop and delete docker container and start a new one??

Yes, you can do this and no, you will not lose data, see How do I change values like wallet address or storage capacity? - Storj Docs

Hello again, it seems that i am facing again the same problem hereā€¦ Can you suggest any disk that will last long enough for my rasberry pi set up? I have read somewhere you have a pi for 3 years running right? If so can you tell me what disk do you have? I checked the lists for known SMRā€™s etc but no luck finding this details in stores or anywhere elseā€¦
What should we looking for?

I can only share my personal opinion - Iā€™m prefer to use WD 5400/7200 CMR of course, not SMR (!!!)

1 Like