What is Storj policies on parler and such sites?

But that’s all part of the problem:

With that example of one single country making a movie a criminal file, does this oblige Storj to take it down? If some caricatures of Mohamed being shared on Tardigrade and some islamic country objects because it is against their law, will it cause Storj to take such down? I believe there are hundreds of cases of data that is permitted in one country while it is forbidden in another country. And the question is on what grounds will Storj decide, react and in which way?

So it would be very interesting to hear Storjs policy on such cases.

But that is not all. There are cases imaginable where taking down or geoblocking would not be sufficient. Take that movie for example. Even if access to such a share might be geoblocked as an Australian citizen you still might not be allowed to serve even parts of such a movie or possess them. So even if access to it is prevented from Australia, it still might be stored on Australian computers which could be deemed illegal thus could get a SNO investigated.

1 Like

Hi folks, shoutout to everyone here and thank you or keeping everything so cordial and respectful in the conversation.

I saw the tag, and want everyone to have the best information possible. We’ll be making a statement as soon as I can get it run past legal and compliance folks. its important that the answer is accurate to the facts, and since I’m not a lawyer myself, I’m calling in the pros. thanks for hanging in there - we will update as soon as feasible.

thank you

10 Likes

Here’s a response we had on a related thread:

1 Like