What to do with the earned STORJ tokens?

I make between $50 and $70 a month usually. It takes a while to get to this level. Storj is best for those who stick around for a while. This is with about 18-19TB stored.

Thank you both for that info. Is that 18-19TBs just external USB HDDs? Sounds like you have a bit of investment either way.

Iā€™m mining, staking, will soon have helium miners, looking to establish 5-6 passive crypto income streams and was hoping to do something storage based attached to each of my miners to double dip on the HW investment. How long does it typically take to get to a consistent $50-100/month?

depends on how much internet connections you have with separate subnet. All nodes in one subnet treated as 1 node, and incoming data will be spleated between.
If you have 1 connection per node, data will rize faster. And 0.5-1 year takes time. Never know exactly, as cant predict real users behaver. May be tomorow will go big client that upload 10Pb of daya, then start to use it actively, may be not.

Thank you for that info Vadim.

That would be so nice.

Is your net data still rising @BrightSilence? r have you reached your max now?

Could you just imagine the posts hereā€¦ "I canā€™t cope! The data is coming in too fast and too much! :slight_smile: "

If it was real customer data I would not complain.

2 Likes

Itā€™s rising slowly. Around 300GB per month I think, maybe slightly less. But it has stood still and even declined a little before that. However, with current level of deletes and ingress, nodes could in theory grow to around 40TB. Itā€™ll just go slower and slower the closer you get to that.

This has actually happened when Storj Labs did heavy upload testing. SMR nodes couldnā€™t cope. I donā€™t think this is very likely to happen in natural scenarios anymore though. We have many more nodes on board now, so data would be spread out much more.

4 Likes

I could only dream if that sort of values!

1 Like

Just transfer to CoinBase and cash out. Itā€™s easy and I have done it. Or as other people have said just hold them ā€“ itā€™s only $20 ā€“ and see if the value significantly increases in the near future.

Hi all,

The time has come! I am (finally) decommissioning of my node! :partying_face: