Windows Installer early test version

Here we go: https://alpha.transfer.sh/muHpv/storagenode-signed.msi https://documentation.storj.io/setup/gui-windows/storage-node

This is a early test version. Please don’t migrate your 1 TB strage node using this early test version. Better wait for the official release. Meanwhile you can try it out and give us feedback.

The storage node dashboard is not included right now but should follow soon.

How it should work:
The installer should install an update service and a storage node service. Both are running as a windows service even if the user is not logged in (reboot after windows updates). Both services should restart on a crash etc.
Logfiles are located in C:\Program Files\Storj\Storage Node

5 Likes

Non-standard port doesn’t work. The dashboard shows it as OFFLINE, the port on yougetsignal is closed.
Restarting service doesn’t help.

There is a “Neighborhood size” and “Bootstrap” even the kademlia is removed

If i run it on my pc with already a node on docker, what will happen? Does the existing node get corrupted?

Just setup a new node with a new storage location, new identity and so on. Don’t use any of the files of your existing storage node.

It works… I guess.
Running on WIN 10 Home.

I am using External Port :28940 (Two of my other nodes are in the same subnet)

Last Contact: Offline
Neighborhood Size: 0

But Ingress and Egress is rising (Eg=60Mb In=20Mb by 15min Uptime right now)

Both services a restarting by crash and normal restart.

For now I am using an old identity from my first node that i’ve lost for a few month ago.
The identity has never been vetted.
(New identity is requested for this test node)

That are great news. Welcome to the forum and thank you for your feedback.

Oh wait I see whats going on. Currently you are running an old storage node version. Can you check the version? storagenode version should print it out.

So the next step would be to wait for a few more guinea pigs and than we give the signal to auto update to the latest version. That would be a nice test.

so were is the windows msi located

The Test Node dashboard shows Version 0.22.0
(My other two nodes are on 0.22.1)

In the very first post?

sorry the first visit to that site did not show that link thanks

The difference between v0.22.0 and v0.22.1 is the online status and that explains what you see on the dashboard. So for the moment ignore that and we wait for a few more guinea pigs and than we can test auto update. Feels like perfect conditions :slight_smile:

will give the guinea thing a try am game for it, will those nodes be treated as additional drives nodes?also were do I place the second identity for the msi installer

Okey thanks. So sounds like time for coffee :+1: :coffee:

:point_down: This info is not really useful but i share all changes that happened right now. :point_down:
Offline now shows a time

Last Contact: 24m15s (its resetting every few minutes)
Uptime: 1h6m10s

Node Logs are still showing new Up and Downloads. (In and Egress is rising)

Last Update Log: storage node version is up to date

after installing the msi i get this error2019-10-04T12:25:30.032-0400 INFO Configuration loaded from: C:\Program Files\Storj\Storage Node\config.yaml
2019-10-04T12:25:30.068-0400 INFO Node ID: 1mRYkCi4nVndZVy15wpaGABHRnuGJvtE2eRmJfZp6BwKgGFhyc
2019-10-04T12:25:32.073-0400 FATAL Unrecoverable error {“error”: “rpccompat: connection error: desc = “transport: error while dialing: dial tcp 127.0.0.1:7778: connectex: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.””, “errorVerbose”: “rpccompat: connection error: desc = “transport: error while dialing: dial tcp 127.0.0.1:7778: connectex: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.”\n\tstorj.io/storj/pkg/rpc.Dialer.dialInsecure:54\n\tstorj.io/storj/pkg/rpc.Dialer.DialAddressUnencrypted:119\n\tmain.dialDashboardClient:35\n\tmain.cmdDashboard:60\n\tstorj.io/storj/pkg/process.cleanup.func1.2:275\n\tstorj.io/storj/pkg/process.cleanup.func1:293\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).execute:762\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).ExecuteC:852\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).Execute:800\n\tstorj.io/storj/pkg/process.Exec:74\n\tmain.main:349\n\truntime.main:203”}

C:\WINDOWS\system32>

Locks like your node is not running… Check the Tastmanager. There are two task. storagenode.exe storagenode-updater.exe

If not restart your system. They should start with it. And try again

were did you place the new identity if I may ask or is it important were the new identity is placed

It’s only a test node for me so i put it in the place where my node space is.
E:\Ident Place for identity files
E:\Space Place for data

You have to select it when installing! If you chose the wrong path an error comes. The installer is checking it if the itentity data is already there.

Don’t change the path after installing!

that is what I did I thought that was the mistake, ok I also used port 28999 and added firewall rules will try it again thanks