Windows - Multiple Nodes on Single Machine

https://forum.storj.io/tag/multiple-nodes

1 Like

thanks for this sir.Really great help.

1 Like

Hello All,

A question popped up in my head. Why doesn’t the StorJ network combine all you have on multiple nodes and send it via a single payment? Or maybe it does that, but I am not aware of it. I mean the last minimum payout was above 50$ I think. My simple calculations show that in order to receive a payout you will need to run a node bigger than 10TB. Because I have 2nodes, one of them is 2.5TB and it earns me about 7$ per month. So my questions is, if for example you have 5 nodes with 3TB disks and they are full, is it the same as having one node with size 14 15TB? I mean at the end of the month, will you receive a payment if you have 5 nodes with 3TB each? I am not sure if I explain it correctly. Does StorJ combine the payments for all you nodes?

If they are running under the same payout address, the answer is yes.

From above link:

1 Like

That sounds great!
Because my 2nd node is running in docker, which was not that hard to configure. And I have a total of 10 SAS 3TB disks. Old disks. But my machines are old and I can not run them in RAID 5. My intel controller supports RAID 5 but it is a SATA controller and I can not use those SAS disk there.

Ok let’s see. In few months I think I will build up more than 50$ on both nodes and let’s see if this will get me a payment. I hope to update this topic with some good news. :slight_smile:

I have 42 windows nodes, and i get 1 payment a month.

1 Like

What is the size of your nodes? If that is not a secret of course. And you receive 1 combined payment for all of them no matter if you have 4 or 5 or more, that are small in size, let’s say 1 or 2TB?

If all you nodes has 1 payment addres, they will be combined togerther to 1 payment. I have 147TB together.

WOW great!!! :slight_smile:
and you have all that 147TB filled with StorJ data?

I have 200TB that 147 is filed with Storj, other part filing with chia now.

So you probably earn around 400$ each month? Great!!! That is indeed impressive.
And what is the speed of you internet connection(download/upload) or maybe you have several? To several providers?

It use less than 100Mbit, but hole connection is 300/300

I am asking because i am with 50/50 Mbit and yesterday I did a test and it is actually 45/45 Mbit, do you think that is sufficient or maybe I should consider paying for more bandwidth?

No need, last month i have something like 60mbit up max, no need big bandwidth, mesure how much it take, i thin you get max 20 mbit spikes.

How do you measure it? I am using windows 10

i have Mikrotik router it has statistics. for day, week, month, year.

cool :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: