Windows Node keeps restarting

Recently with the latest update, I’ve noticed my node keeps restarting. I’ve tried removing it and installing from Powershell.

Is there a way to move from the old Docker image to running it using the new Windows installer? Would there be a chance that this will fix the problem?

Hello @fruvous,
Welcome to the forum!
Please, give me the output of the log:

docker logs --tail 20 storagenode 

Firstly we should figure out what causing restarts, then migrate to the GUI, if you wish.

You are using alpha tag, try using the updated docker command

docker run -d --restart unless-stopped -p 28967:28967 -p 127.0.0.1:14002:14002 -e WALLET=“0xXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX” -e EMAIL="user@example.com" -e ADDRESS=“domain.ddns.net:28967” -e BANDWIDTH=“20TB” -e STORAGE=“2TB” --mount type=bind,source=“”,destination=/app/identity --mount type=bind,source=“”,destination=/app/config --name storagenode storjlabs/storagenode:beta

Hi. I’ve included the line with the fatal error. Let me know if you need the entire thing.

I cannot post the text because it says I can only put 2 links in a post.

Is this the oversize issue that I got an email about?

Your database disk is malformed

Hold the phone…

I think I skipped a shedload of stuff. Maybe I need to step back.

If I had an alpha node, do I need to do anything to upgrade it to beta or just rm and pull the storagenode:beta? Leading from that, is the data on my node still valid if it was from the alpha or did everything get wiped and I should start fresh?

Yes just remove and use updated docker command.

Yes

No and No

1 Like

I tried a recovery and it failed. Does this mean I need to start my node from scratch?

Just check the integrity of the database.
The last error can be ignored.

I’ve run the repair and still have this error. Is the DB lost?

Please, check other databases for errors.
Please, update your watchtower command: stop and remove the watchtower container:

docker stop watchtower 
docker rm watchtower 

Then run it back with updated parameters: https://documentation.storj.io/setup/cli/software-updates#automatic-updates

Node is working again after fixing the database. Thank-you.

2 Likes