WOW! Check out my node growth recently

My last node (pre-launch) stopped at 1.5TB for several months.

Started this new node Feb 1st for two reasons

1. Testing the windows client
  2. New node for more data pre-launch and during launch.

Seems my node is pushing 184Gb Ingress and 8BGb egress everyday this month. [quick averages]

Excited to see the this upcoming payout and the follow month. Sadly moving and will need too start over again. BUT! Have the same fiber connection in the new home :stuck_out_tongue: may have been a requirement for me to move…

How many others are experiencing the same spike in bandwidth/data storage?
Can you only gracefully exit before 15 months?

Node Dashboard

Drive Data

1 Like

The spike your seeing is from the testing satellite saltlake were all experiencing the same. Im seeing 250gigs perday. But almost zero egress from this satellite.

118Gb Egress Stats vs 3.91Tb Ingress

When will the testing for salt lake satellite end?

1 Like

Its barely worth getting exciting for lol, I can upload 8gigs worth of data in 5mins 8gigs per day isnt really much if you think about it, Before we seen over 60gigs per day before with 118. once saltlake filled my node I am getting no egress, But the new node is getting filled almost as fast if not faster then how old my first node is.

1 Like

Wasn’t too aware on the saltlake testing, :expressionless: boo. SO yes, my excitement is misplaced once again.

1 Like

Now we just need to hope that its redownloaded lol Just as fast.

1 Like

I might miss that opportunity with the move, if that comes to pass.

1 Like

How long are you planning on being down for?

1 Like

Longer than 99.5% for the month

1 Like

Oh so pretty much an entire month your going to be down? I almost made that mistake a few months ago…I would have lost my fiber if I moved though.

1 Like

No like 2-7 days, could be longer.

1 Like

Oh Thats nothing tho, You still got time, I was thinking you were gonna be down an entire month. I mean as long as uptime doesnt effect DQ yet.

1 Like

Shut the node down properly, take it to your new location and just start it up, even if some days may have passed. nothing to lose really :wink:

1 Like

Will be getting a new Public Static IP. How do you change this on the windows client or will port forwarding take care of it?

1 Like

Has anyone snapshotted the data and put the node on a new PC?

1 Like

Yes. I’ve migrated nodes between different servers a few times. Storj has a guide to help with the migration as well. Good luck!

1 Like

Thanks for the link @fmoledina yeah should be able to migrate to a new server before the move.

1 Like

You have to put the new public external IP in your config.yaml

1 Like

Where is that file saved on windows?

1 Like

Usually it’s in C:\Program Files\Storj\Storage Node\config.yaml

Please do not edit it with Notepad but use Notepad++ or sth. similiar

1 Like