Wrong used & remaining disk space

Walker… File Walker!

3 Likes

Yes, but only if you have not disabled the initial file walker process. Exactly this process is responsible for refreshing disk usage statistics.

1 Like

How to disable/enable this?

1 Like

Please see this thread: Tuning the filewalker - #59 by odarriba

2 Likes

lol

:joy:
Multinode is really funny.

4 Likes

what the hell is that “overused”? =]]

Generally it shows as overused if more space is occupied on disk by the node than you have allocated in the config file. For example if you are reducing the space.

However in this case it is a weird condition and I have no idea what is happening as the multinode dashboard and the node dashboard show the same node totally differently:

This is multinode:

and this is the node dashboard:

What is even more funny is that the node did not accept any ingress for the last couple of days as it apparently thought it was full. After a restart it started to accept ingress again.
This is all very strange.

what filesystem you’re using? I’m encounting some strange situations by myself too but I’m too lazy to find out what hapenning.

This is running on ext4.

I got stuck at this step, can you give more details on how you did it? Thank you!

Ok I deleted the piece_spaced_used.db , edited config and set minimum disk requirement to zero, now node running again and here’s current stats. Let’s see how it goes.

@nyancodex just edit the allocated space for the node in confi.yaml, or in docker run command, to be equal to your occupied space right now. Restart the node. This will stop the ingress, because it tells satellites to stop transmiting data to your node, because is full.

Now I got this errror, should I do something or just let it run?

The ingress is stopped automatically when diskspace < 500MB bro. I just want to make the stats right.

This is a weird error. If it’s working, keep it running. But negative numbers likely could reduce the total used space on the dashboard.

the filewalker whatever is not running I think, I still get 0B of used space after an hour of running, I already set storage2.piece-scan-on-startup: true in the config file. Any idea?

lol now ingress traffic doesn’t stopped even if the freespace <500MB :frowning: What should I do?

Reduce the allocation to 0.
However, it should stop accept the traffic when there’s less than 500MB of actual free space.
What it shows in logs, when it accept the piece?

Just reduced it to 0 and restarted the node. Now the used space is 0B again.

I saw uploaded & downloaded even when space <460MB.

Well things isn’t go well.

Update: after reduced the allocated space to 0B