"You can get € 400 (440 $ usd) a month, using a 2tb hard drive, giving storj a space of 1tb" - is it real?

Expected profits for a full 24TB node (as he said his oldest node is) is about 36$ per space stored and about 48$ per egress traffic (using the very optimistic 10% rule - it will be more real to count on 5%).

Even 250$ is very unlikely to be true. Maybe on that month in which lot of egress was made, it could happen, but saying that this is happening every month is not real. At least for experienced SNOs like the people that commented on this thread (and I’m not including myself on that group).

Maybe he is doing his best, but the medium node build is just a very expensive equipment that does not match what a “medium node” should be. Maybe because he hasn’t checked forum recommendations enough, or maybe because he has to adjust his builds to Coolmod pieces… who knows.

Of course that everyone has to look for their own money and inversions, but saying that you will get the money spent on a 1000€ node on a year is a lie, and it’s probably not the kind of public image any project like Storj wants.

Also, I want to clarify that I’m not judging his whole work on Youtube, just those Storj videos. They are not accurate, have fake photos to justify an unreal possibility and state some things that are not true - check previous answers to this thread.

I think it is just a matter of expectations: give the real estimation, your real experience on your nodes and let the community decide if the real ROI is good enough for they to invest - if they have and want to do it.

Having an insane estimator online (it’s not anymore) didn’t help with the real expectations also…

5 Likes