Your node has been disqualified saltlake.tardigrade.io:7777

Sir, it showes 0% online at saltlake. look it up. the next post.

Your link doesnā€™t work, please post a screenshot here instead.
Does it still 0%?
And what is your errors for this satellite and ā€œping satellite failedā€ but ā€œratelimitā€?

This linkk works to me still (the node got up to 100% online us1 satelite but 0% on saltlake satelite - Album on Imgur)

uptimerobot:

im trying to upload a log (53MB) but waiting for storj mail to activate my fre 150gb, You should allow some free firm hosting for forum mebers mayby, so we dont have to put on our accs

EDIT:
logs to that 0% saltlake node:

pass to file i sent You in PM

Edit2:
Yes its still 0% on saltlake, its been Disqualified on 24.01.2023 its says in the dashboard.
Node ver is 1.70.2
(i have 1,20$ payout from saltlake for december yet)

If itā€™s disqualified, then none of scores will recover. To be disqualified for downtime your node should be not available to this satellite more than 30 days.
Errors from your logs:

2023-01-19T12:15:54.862Z	ERROR	Invalid configuration.	{"error": "invalid contact.external-address: lookup \"DDNS.HOSTNAME\" failed: lookup DDNS.HOSTNAME: no such host", "errorVerbose": "invalid contact.external-address: lookup \"DDNS.HOSTNAME\" failed: lookup DDNS.HOSTNAME: no such host\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode.(*Config).Verify:162\n\tmain.cmdRun:188\n\tstorj.io/private/process.cleanup.func1.4:377\n\tstorj.io/private/process.cleanup.func1:395\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).execute:852\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).ExecuteC:960\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).Execute:897\n\tstorj.io/private/process.ExecWithCustomConfigAndLogger:92\n\tstorj.io/private/process.ExecWithCustomConfig:74\n\tstorj.io/private/process.Exec:64\n\tmain.(*service).Execute.func1:61\n\tgolang.org/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.func1:75"}
2023-01-19T12:15:54.863Z	FATAL	Unrecoverable error	{"error": "invalid contact.external-address: lookup \"DDNS.HOSTNAME\" failed: lookup DDNS.HOSTNAME: no such host", "errorVerbose": "invalid contact.external-address: lookup \"DDNS.HOSTNAME\" failed: lookup DDNS.HOSTNAME: no such host\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode.(*Config).Verify:162\n\tmain.cmdRun:188\n\tstorj.io/private/process.cleanup.func1.4:377\n\tstorj.io/private/process.cleanup.func1:395\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).execute:852\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).ExecuteC:960\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).Execute:897\n\tstorj.io/private/process.ExecWithCustomConfigAndLogger:92\n\tstorj.io/private/process.ExecWithCustomConfig:74\n\tstorj.io/private/process.Exec:64\n\tmain.(*service).Execute.func1:61\n\tgolang.org/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.func1:75"}

means that DDNS.HOSTNAME didnā€™t exist anymore, you need to check it on your DDNS provider, may be you was need to renew it. This is also mean, that your node was offline.

But the next error is more interesting

2023-01-19T14:16:02.956Z	ERROR	contact:service	ping satellite failed 	{"Satellite ID": "1wFTAgs9DP5RSnCqKV1eLf6N9wtk4EAtmN5DpSxcs8EjT69tGE", "attempts": 1, "error": "ping satellite: check-in network: failed to resolve IP from address: DDNS.HOSTNAME:57601, err: lookup DDNS.HOSTNAME on 10.102.0.10:53: server misbehaving", "errorVerbose": "ping satellite: check-in network: failed to resolve IP from address: DDNS.HOSTNAME:57601, err: lookup DDNS.HOSTNAME on 10.102.0.10:53: server misbehaving\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Service).pingSatelliteOnce:139\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Service).pingSatellite:100\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Chore).updateCycles.func1:87\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Run:160\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Start.func1:77\n\tgolang.org/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.func1:75"}

This is mean that the satellite is unable to resolve your DDNS.HOSTNAME even after you fixed this problem (you have had uploads and downloads before this error, so other satellites were able to resolve your DDNS.HOSTNAME and give your IP to the customers).
I created a ticket for that.

By the way, itā€™s the same DDNS provider as for @Pac, so @Ruskiem please change it to more reliable ones, like

no renewing, its changeip.com. yes i dont recomand them, now. (but they give 7 for free)
noip.com - u have to renew every 30 days, its good have no problem with that, but its not reable if u forget to click from mail, its stoped. it has onlu 3 dns.
dynv6.com, i singed up, but cant see easy program to keep the ip on host, they tutorials are minimum , and no pics or videos too hard and i dont know how much dns they offer for free, we need some dynamic dns liost for storj community recomandation list, really now.

EDIT:
i can confirm, i changed for cloudns.net on 1 node, and online score on saltlake is slowly going up in last 24h. That cloudns.net is nice, spacex uses it i saw, but free its only 1 Dynamic DNS and it checs for ip change every 1H on free plan.
it costs 4,95$/mo for 75 dnses, it has 34 points of presents (Anycast DNS) its my wet dream lol, mayby we can crowdfound some enterprise plan for comunnity lol?

You doesnā€™t need an unique DDNS hostname for each of your nodes if you have only one public IP.
And I think that one renewal per hour should be ok, does your IP changes more often than that?

Hi,
I have the same problem as Ruskiem, and only saltlake.tardigrade.io:7777 is offline, while all other servers are 100% online.
The DNS error is concerning an internal address 10.103.0.10 and 10.101.1.12. I donā€™t have this kind of IP address.
Is it possible that the problem is coming from the saltlake.tardigrade.io:7777 server ?

Here is the error in the log is:
2023-01-29T19:12:16.837Z ERROR contact:service ping satellite failed {ā€œSatellite IDā€: ā€œ1wFTAgs9DP5RSnCqKV1eLf6N9wtk4EAtmN5DpSxcs8EjT69tGEā€, ā€œattemptsā€: 11, ā€œerrorā€: ā€œping satellite: check-in network: failed to resolve IP from address: nyrl.myz.info:28967, err: lookup nyrl.myz.info on 10.103.0.10:53: read udp 10.101.1.12:55027->10.103.0.10:53: i/o timeoutā€, ā€œerrorVerboseā€: ā€œping satellite: check-in network: failed to resolve IP from address: nyrl.myz.info:28967, err: lookup nyrl.myz.info on 10.103.0.10:53: read udp 10.101.1.12:55027->10.103.0.10:53: i/o timeout\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Service).pingSatelliteOnce:136\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Service).pingSatellite:98\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Chore).updateCycles.func1:87\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Run:152\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Start.func1:71\n\tgolang.org/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.func1:57ā€}

This message from the satellite, so these private IPs belongs to the satellite and itā€™s unable to reliable resolve your DNS hostname every time (in this case seems - never).
Could you please replace it to a more reliable ones?

Your node has been reinstated on this satellite.

2 Likes

i confirm, thx, just this one yet left, got 0 % at saltlake, if u can, thanks. 12DGC5S6UStVVHudFEJ7KLM5wXCSwdmgtem3dDGuiZSi74KdpH6

could you please provide all nodes at once? Itā€™s a manual process and requires time of the prod-owner.

thats all, thx. elek also got all first.

1 Like

I created a request to the prod owner.

1 Like

Your node is reinstated. Please keep it online.

Hi Alexey,

As you can see from my latest screen shot (
Uploading: Screen Shot 2023-02-10 at 8.41.04 AM.pngā€¦).

My Online for saltlike continues to be in the red. It has in fact gone down from approximately 88.97% to itā€™s current value of 88.67%. Iā€™ve been monitoring it using the UptimeRobot and over that time there has been ZERO (0) reported interruptions. So why is it going down. As Iā€™ve stated as well in my initial post there has been ZERO (0) interruptions, however, there was no way for me to prove it. Now I have this UptimeRobot that says the same. What is going on with saltlike because I do not believe it has anything to do with my node?

The world of technology and networking is pretty complicatedā€¦
There can be thousands of reasons explaining why this satā€™ canā€™t reach your node :confused:

Lately, some people were having trouble with some mediocre DynDNS services (changeip in my case) and we had to switch to another one, more reliable (I chose no-ip as suggested by @elek further up).

Maybe itā€™s a similar issue for you?
Do you have any specific errors in your logs?

1 Like

Please search for ā€œping satellite failedā€ but ā€œratelimitā€ and post an error here.
And @Pac is right, some DDNS services are not reliable - they have misconfigurations in their DNS settings, so such addresses can be reliable resolved in low rate cases, since satellites uses cache as fallback, they trying to use a previously successfully resolved IP (maybe outdated), thus - connection timeout.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Node disqualified on saltlake.tardigrade.io