1.69.2 QUIC Misconfigured!?

STORJ keeps amazing me. NOTHING was changed, except nodes automatically update themselves to 1.69.2 and today I see this across many nodes.
Nothing was changed. Nothing. Port is open and tested. Node dashboard shows it as misconfigured. Why!? What? How!? WTF… !?
Even on cases where nodes are on the same machine - for some it shows OK, for some it shows misconfig. LOL You got me thinking… Dashboard mistake!?

Restarted node, refreshed dashboard and now is fine. On some nodes it took several restarts. Maybe because the lack of UDP requests and it shows it as misconfig initially in general?

The node checks connectivity on each check-in on the satellites, now it checks QUIC too.
So, seems sometimes it stopping to work in your network (my nodes doesn’t have this problem, they all updated to the latest version too).
It could be ISP, router, firewall, the network adapter on your host, etc.
If the satellite is unable to contact your node using QUIC, it will try to contact it using TCP as fallback, but the dashboard will show the warning until the next successful attempt (and sometimes you need to update the page to refresh it).

I have same issue.
It kind of random: I’m running 3 nodes on my Synology NAS (1 per HDD), so nodes have same config, same router, same network (just different ports).
The QUCK status for some nodes - OK, some - MISCONFIGURED. The status goes back and forth.

So, at this point, I just ignore QUICK status. Just a noise.

1 Like