1.96.6 Update Questions

Does updating 1.96.6 help with Egrees and ingress? It’s version 1.94.2 now and I wonder if I need to update it.

You should do nothing. It will be updated automatically, when your NodeID would be eligible to update.
The egress and ingress depends on customers, not hardware or version of the software.

1 Like

Thank you for your quick response:)

1 Like

I have 2 of 9 nodes not updated to 1.96.6 but still on 1.94.2. Strange observation is that both of them have a quite large egress spike the last 2 days, and none of the others do.

Seems like a strange coincidence?

Node: 12VFRsqi6CN3oJs4UCDYBPafPHzWXMzpwVqzb2XMTMiRyKonx1n

Node: 12qmdWKP6uM8RywXdEk3prwH5G13Ywmk4i3TsViFYALCGeKV98t

Still no worries ?

1 Like

I also have a lot of high engress today. Other nodes with version 1.95 are the same as usual…

The StorJ system will take care of uploads and downloads to and from your node.

Periods with additional ingress or egress is to be expected; periods with low ingress or egress equally so.

Your node is doing exactly as it’s designed to - let it! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Alexey told me to leave it alone so I’m not doing anything. I think it’s better to leave it alone than to mess with it and cause problems.
Thank you for answer :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Leave it alone, don’t look at it, don’t speak to it, don’t touch it… Better leave the room and lock the door. And turn off the lights.
These will teach it to behave. :muscle:t4::muscle:t4:

3 Likes

actualLY HAvING The LighTS shuT Off wiLL LoWER ThE tEmperAtURe iN tHe RoOm, WhIch Is BEtteR fOR THe drivES ! ! 1!

1 Like

I believe in that
:partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

Version depends on NodeID and the rollout cursor on https://version.storj.io/

1 Like

Screenshot_1

Is it okay to not update Windows nodes like Linux? I didn’t ask because I thought it wouldn’t be necessary to update, but I didn’t see 1.95.1 in the link you sent, so I’m asking. The screenshot is a window node.:cowboy_hat_face:

It will update automatically when its time to come, you may check this in your logs ("C:\Program Files\Storj\Storage Node\storagenode-updater.log").

1 Like

And even better is to replace old heat producing bulb lights with LEDs.
It will save you more money than storj gives :slight_smile:

I don’t know about you, but my place is primarily lit by the blinking LEDs of my diskshelfs and the soundspace is taken up by a gentle whir of the fans.

I prefer silence and nice warm colors :slight_smile:

So you don’t have RBG keyboard, RGB mouse, RGB fans, RGB videocard, RGB motherboard, RGB case, RGB monitor, RGB chair, RGB table, RGB food, RGB clothes? :man_facepalming:t2:
From what planet did you landed?
It’s like you don’t have an Instagram profile or worse… MS Live! :man_facepalming:t2::man_facepalming:t2::man_facepalming:t2:

I always do manual update. Is that a problem?

Yes. We implemented an automatic update for several reasons:

1. To do not shutdown the whole network in the same time, when the new update is published. Our storagenode-updater service updates nodes accordingly version.storj.io by waves to avoid this issue. And we have a time to react if we introduce a bug and would need a rollback or fix, we can do this before it’s too late.
  2. If your node is 2 versions behind, it will not receive ingress anymore, if below the minimum - it will crash.
1 Like

Well I wrote a small script to check version.storj.io for suggested version each weekend, then download the according binary storagenode and do the replacement. It’s from the beginning of the time. Hardware is too weak for Docker and I’m lazy to change it. Hope it won’t cause a problem for the node…

2 Likes