2 different errors on US2

2 errors on US2:

At the time of this response, the screenshots aren’t showing for me.

I am seeing them without issues…

So do I.؜؜؜؜؜؜؜؜؜؜؜؜؜؜؜؜؜؜؜؜؜؜؜؜؜؜؜

They are there now. I dunno. Momentary blip I suppose.

I have let the team know your findings. Thanks!

1 Like

Are you still seeing the errors? It has been suggested at Storj that these errors look like ones we’ve seen when testing the IP-based request rate limiting. If that’s the case, maybe something else is making a lot of satellite requests from your IP?

Currently I am not seeing this errors as I am effectively locked out of my account:

That’s probably connected with this: Limit logins on satellite

The account got unlocked in the meantime. And yes, the other error is still present:

Screenshot_2022-06-29_052405

I believe that “Cannot get gateway credentials” is another possible effect of the ip-based rate limiting.

That’s interesting then because I can log into the account again, meaning that the lockout is over.
In that case it should not block my access. :thinking:

The account locking is an entirely separate thing from the rate limiting. Are you still doing experiments with a high request rate?

No, not at all. I just login with my credentials.

Not sure what that’s about, then. I’ll ask around.

Just for the records, I am still seeing this error and cannot access the buckets via satellite dashboard.
Access with Filezilla works, so it is not a matter of wrong credentials.

Hi JD,

Have you tried using a production Satellite? This one was for testing and from what I understand may be deprecated soon.

1 Like

I see this error only only this satellite. It’s just that I cannot access the data in my buckets there through the dashboard.

Please remember that US2 is a beta satellite and was never meant to be used for storing important data, but for test data only. Users who signed up had to acknowledge the following:

This is a BETA satellite
This means any data you upload to this satellite can be deleted at any time and your storage/bandwidth limits can fluctuate. To use our production service please create an account on one of our production Satellites. https://storj.io/signup/

The data is not important and I am aware it is a test satellite.

So then the above is not really of concern. The satellite will most likely be deprecated soon anyway so I don´t expect the dev team would consider fixing issues with accessing data on US2 a high priority.

That’s not up to me to decide. I experienced an error and reported it. Storj needs to decide if the cause is something of importance that needs fixing.

While the data is not important,

this is really sad, because I think all my forum links to ‘Sintel’, ‘fireplace’ and others come from that satellite. So those forum links will be dead soon.