3rd NODE creation issue on Synology NAS

Hello guys,

I have properly configured 2 storage nodes (each on separate disk on under Docker container on Synology NAS). I have prepared commands for creation and just edit parameters like ports, paths…

Two nodes created with first two commands works without issues. But third one on new disk and volume (in red rectangular) is created but constantly restarting…when I checked logs I saw errors that there are missing folder (which should be created automatically). I have add only Identity folder so NODE can be created.

Anyway I have created manually folders “orders” and “storage” together with subfolders.

Those errors are gone but container is still restarting and other errors are in logs:

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Thank you

Wigo

Relatively recently there was a change in the setup procedure that requires you to run a special setup step first. Take a re-read of the documentation. I think this is why your new node isn’t starting properly.

Do you mean in this format? Just update - only with one “-” “-v” does not work anyway :-/

You shouldn’t use the -v flag. It is dangerous to your node. How long ago did you set up the first two nodes? The current procedure (as per the linked doc):

1. Before anything else run, substituting your paths:
docker run --rm -e SETUP="true" \
    --mount type=bind,source="<identity-dir>",destination=/app/identity \
    --mount type=bind,source="<storage-dir>",destination=/app/config \
    --name storagenode storjlabs/storagenode:latest

This will create the container then remove it automatically once the setup step is done and the files are created. Then run your docker run command as normal:

docker run -d --restart unless-stopped --stop-timeout 300 \
    -p 28967:28967 \
    -p 127.0.0.1:14002:14002 \
    -e WALLET="0xXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX" \
    -e EMAIL="user@example.com" \
    -e ADDRESS="domain.ddns.net:28967" \
    -e STORAGE="2TB" \
    --mount type=bind,source="<identity-dir>",destination=/app/identity \
    --mount type=bind,source="<storage-dir>",destination=/app/config \
    --name storagenode storjlabs/storagenode:latest
2 Likes

Perfect…this one works like a charm :wink: