About Windows upgrade

I have a problem with Windows upgrade. I can not turn it off. So when my PC make upgdade node always is stoped and I lost time and earnings. After upgrade I start node again. How can I resolve this?

there is possibilities, to delay update for about 1-1.5 months.
So after you make updates and delay again.

You probably have Windows Home, with Windows Pro you can block updates

1 Like

I have also windows pro, and this bastard all the time turn it on again.

1 Like

I don’t know how is storagenode is installed on windows — but you should be able to create a task in Task Scheduler to run it on user login or system start, depending on your config.

1 Like

if it service, then it start automatically, if all working as shold work.

1 Like

The Windows GUI node should start automatically, if it’s not the case you may try to do so:

1 Like

In Windows GUI installations, storagenode and updater run as services, and they start automaticaly, after PC restart, even if you didn’t logged in. The default parameters for starting the services must be changed though, because from time to time might fail to start the storagenode. You should put more restart retries, 1 min apart. I had a Windows node for 1,5 years and the win autoupdate and restarts never messed up the storagenode. You loose a few minutes once in a few weeks. Dosen’t realy makes a difference for your earnings. If you use that PC for other stuff, including web browsing, is better to keep it up-to-date. If it’s just a mining rig, you can stop forevere the updates in win 10 pro. There where guides about that on bitcointalk. I’m not sure if those still work.

1 Like