Actual version not coming

Hi team,

i have installed watchtower like the docs say.
Now i have seen that there have been many verstions after mine.
I have 1.18.1

So do you have an idea?

Thanks!

docker nodes just started updating to 1.19.X version ~3-5 days ago, since they’re on a delayed rollout for each new release. Although, I think all nodes should have been updated by now if watchtower is working correctly.

I think you have a couple of options. First, make sure watchtower is running by using the following command
sudo docker ps -a in a terminal window and make sure it shows up in the list.

you could try stopping, removing, and then restarting watchtower to make sure it’s running
sudo docker stop watchtower
sudo docker rm watchtower
sudo docker run -d --restart=always --name watchtower -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock storjlabs/watchtower storagenode watchtower --stop-timeout 300s

another option at this point is you could stop, remove, and then prune docker to remove your 1.18.X version, and then restart your node and it will pull the latest docker image, which would bring you up to 1.19.X

as I’m sure you’ve seen they’ve recently released version 1.20.X, but again since docker is typically on a +7 day delay, I wouldn’t expect to start seeing docker nodes update to that version until 22Jan at the earliest.

hope this helps.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick replay!

I have installed watchtower today, so i think i will wait until tomorrow and have a look then.

yeah that’s fair, I know watchtower has a window of like 0-72 hours for when it looks for new docker image, so I’d be willing to bet if you just set that up today that it will catch the updated version sometime in the near future.

12-72 hours to be precise. So, it will never check for the new version on first run.

Unless you add “–run-once” to the end of the command line. But that causes it to check every minute and get banned

2 Likes