Add links to forum header

I’d like to suggest adding links to the forum header to the documentation for running a node, uplink, gateway, documentation in general and the websites storj.io and tardigrade.io
Got the idea from a different forum and thought this might be helpful:

1 Like

@jocelyn is the contact person for this :slight_smile:

I’ll make sure that she is aware of this, thanks for the good suggestion!

2 Likes

@jocelyn take a look at this addon for links in the header: Custom Header Links - theme - Discourse Meta

2 Likes

@Alexey Any idea if this was looked in to or not. There are many posts where OP has to wait for a reply from a few hours to (rarely) days when the solution resides in documentation.

I guess not, if you still do not see them :slight_smile:
I would ask other admins do they want/can do that.
Right now they are in the hamburger menu.

That’s true only for users who aren’t logged in or registered.

Logged in users see :point_down:

Better option is to show it like this.

I’m logged in and can see them. Could you please refresh the page?

I’m not sure that is possible for the current Discourse version, so I asked other admins for their thoughts.

1 Like

That worked

But it should rather be on the top navigation instead of being hidden under hamburger menu. There is plenty of space available on top nav bar anyway, at least for desktop usage. Showing it under hamburger menu makes sense for phone/tablet (small screen) usage.

OP linked a theme plugin which can help fix that.

Since they are not integrated, they can become incompatible. Thus I need help of the site admin, not only help of forum admins :wink:

1 Like

I added some items, what do you think?

:frowning: .

Now the top does not fit on iPhone max. Everything is crammed and ugly. Unread message count is pushed outside of the screen. Text does not fit vertically either.

It looks great on desktop or bigger screen, just perfect. However as @arrogantrabbit has shown it is not a good fit for small screens. Here is my suggestion :point_down:

Storj top nav bar

It doesn’t able to do so. Only a flat menu unfortunately, otherwise I would configure it like this.

@arrogantrabbit I removed all items except Docs for the mobile view. The hamburger links are still there.

1 Like

Enabled a different theme customizer, it has submenus, but looks not so light.

1 Like

It looks really good now. Even on small screen it fits perfectly. :slight_smile: :heart:

1 Like

It shall comply to dark mode though.

It is black by default, but I made it light accordingly suggested theme.
They do not have an adaptation for the current theme, it either that or this.
Did reset to the default. I didn’t know that there are so many preferred a dark side :wink:

2 Likes

I am a night :owl: and I have night mode and dark mode enabled :slight_smile:

Thank you @Alexey for being awesome as always.

3 Likes

Same here. But even during daytime staring at the blaring white light all day is quite fatiguing.

When the dark mode got wide adoption it was such a relief. I actually used color inversion though accessibility settings before :slight_smile:

Btw — the menu content is still white:

1 Like