Advantages of the Tezos Blockchain

You’ve posted about your preference for Tezos many times before.

3 Likes

This has been covered. Storj isn’t moving to another blockchain. The current title suggests you are advertising Tezos.

2 Likes

Ok. I just wanted to show that Tezos really solved what ETH 2.0 tried and maybe never achieved. ETH fees are exploding

How did they solve it? Many of us have seen how ETH claimed to have solved the BTC scaling problems and now you can see they just have a higher limit that is still not enough. The same goes for almost all the other blockchains. Sure they might scale better then ETH but if the hole ETH ecosystem would switch, we would reach that new limit and get the same issues again. We would only buy a bit of time but we wouldn’t solve the real issue.

ETH2 might be a solution. I am not saying the solution. I only see it as part of a bigger plan in combination with some other fun stuff like zkrollup for example.

4 Likes

Yes of course Tezos have also limitations. However I think Tezos will overtake Ethereum. As you said maybe a other Blockchain will perform better then Tezos if needed. And that’s the we need a PoS Chain with low Fees

= there is no advantage for us

What has that to do with the topic? Go for the number 1 market cap. Why should we care about that?

I was saying just another PoS Chain will not be better. We might buy a bit of time but in the end, we still end up in a similar situation. We will reach the new limit and the fees will go up.

1 Like

Ok. However one big advantage Tezos have formal verification. So remember DAO hack.

And today announced a lot ERC 20 Token move to Tezos. https://twitter.com/XTZNews/status/1356785951419338756?s=09

Wrapped Storj can help Storj to lower payout costs every month

So slowly the people check ETH fees are nonsense and check Tezos solve the issue and is the better chain for real DeFi

Now you disagree with yourself. If Tezos still has a limit it has not solved the issue.

3 Likes

Yes you are right. Also polygon ended in a gas fee horro.
So I keep my suggestion Tezos already fixed all the issues.
And since yesterday also Vitalik Butterin like Tezos as he mentioned interesting stuff happen on Tezos :joy::joy::joy:

Maybe the best thing is Ethereum miner shut down

1 Like

Unlikely though since they arent hosting NFT games that completely saturate the network like ETH and polygon has. Its easy to say its the answer until its been fully used.

That’s not fully true. Check the network contract calls. There you can see the huge amount of contract calls. And also this is one of the strengths of Tezod every on chain governance update tear down the fees drastically.

Also soon Dogami run on the Tezos network

I can see it already, Polygon has way more transfers and is newer and more popular then tezos is.
Polygon has a much larger user base then tezos does.
Just look how many transfers polygon has done over tezos has.
Tezos

polygon

Look here contract calls rising gas fee shrinking

When I first used polygon fees were super low and fast as well until these NFT games started and bots overloaded it.
Whos to say this cant happen on the Tezos blockchain? and its not as easy to use as polygon is.
Tezos isnt user friendly to convert tokens to other tokens.

Ok. That’s true polygen fees was low. Now not.
Let’s see what happened when Dogami released

However why do you say Token swap is difficult? You can very easy swap. And that’s definitely easier as on Ethereum.

Have you ever used a Tezos DEX how easy it is ?

Ive tried to find it and a reason to use it rather then Eth or polygon But it doesnt really replace it because none of my wallets work with it. Everything I use is based on ETH address. Its no where as easy as polygon is to swap and bridge back to L1 for ETH.

Mh. Try temple wallet it is like Meta Mask but much easier to use. Go to QuipuSwap and you can swap Tokens with cents of fees. Use kUSD stable coin and you can Trade with cents of gas fees. Also use Quipu and you can add or remove liquidity with cents.

Regardless of blockchain Storj is a very awesome project I have 12 nodes I hope they find a satisfying payout solution soon with low fees and easy convert.

Of course I wished it will be kUSD on Tezos :joy: