After upgrading to version 1.16.1, my node stopped working correctly. Raspberry pi 4

Thank you, it’s what I imagined.

Yesterday, I’ve sent a patch for it https://review.dev.storj.io/c/storj/storj/+/3081

Note, even it gets merged today, it won’t be released in the next version, because we have already cut the release last week, nonetheless, it will be in the following one.

Thank you for your patience.

1 Like

it’s not like it’s magic… it’s arm processors if memory serves, meaning so long as the cpu supports it… which is like rpi3 then ofc newer when that becomes a thing if it isn’t…

some of them are just on the line between having a 32bit architecture, but 64bit FPU meaning it can do the important stuff in 64bit and everything else is 32bit.

to be fair i wouldn’t go with the official rpi thing… i would just slap on rasbian on it… i know thats sort of become Pie OS or whatever they called it… which just makes me think it’s a bad version until they get the hang of how run that stuff since they don’t want to run parallel with debian.

and debian has support for 32bit architecture with 64bit FPU, ofc this might not solve your problem…
just remember the releases have a special name i think…

but really the whole reason the be on 64bit is the computation… some things are just insanely slow to do on 32bit… sure if the rpi doesn’t have enough work, then in theory it doesn’t matter…
but running at 10% speed for some computation tasks, is pretty rough… especially since there is really no good reason to, since 32bit Architecture with 64bit FPU has been supported for like 4-6 years.

decided to go look it up, RPI2 and you have to run armhf, RPI3 and above you can simply run debian arm64.

armhf is hardware floatpoint meaning the floatingpoint unit which was what i talked about above calling it FPU64, slightly confusing they call it a hf but i suppose there is really only 1 option for arm in that case… so don’t really need to define it by its bit rate.

personally i wouldn’t run 32bit on anything if i can avoid it…
i’ve at times spent hours to find the 64bit software or to change software to run true 64bit just because i through it was taking up to much cpu time and any time i have done so, i have been very happy with the results… the computational abilities in 64vs 32 is mindblowing… and on a 32bit with hardware fpu… it might be even worse because it’s not a cpu running on a lower bit rate… its running without what’s essentially it’s coprocessor…

anyways just saying… nothing should run 32bit today if it can be avoided, ofc there are some advantages to 32bit, but for normal users thats a null and void point.
most often the reason people use it is because they cannot get rid of it.

I’ve found out that our next storage node release will probably be the next week, so there are chances that this patch will be included in the next one.

I’m pushing to include this patch fix to our next storage node release.

1 Like

Just a heads up, you may want to remove your email address from that log. It’s quite common for bots to spider forum pages and you don’t want your email address to end up on spam lists.

1 Like

I edited the post and removed the private info on any case.

2 Likes