All the sudden Node Offline

I have read through as many threads as I can about offline node issues and I still can’t figure out the issue I have. I will post the error it generates in the log when it attempts to start. Any suggestions would be great. Thank you in advance! I am running this node on Windows 10 with windows GUI. This error applies to blobs, garbage, trash all of the folders it seems to use when running.

FATAL Unrecoverable error {“error”: “Error starting master database on storagenode: group:\n— CreateFile \StorJ\blobs: The system cannot find the path specified.\n— CreateFile \StorJ\temp: The system cannot find the path specified.\n— CreateFile \StorJ\garbage: The system cannot find the path specified.\n— CreateFile \StorJ\trash: The system cannot find the path specified.”, “errorVerbose”:

Hi @lewial ,
Welcome to the forum!
I’ve forwarded your issue to the team for some answers.

Hi @lewial
In the config.yaml file what is the directory listed for storage.path:? Does the directory still exist? How is the location/drive physically connected to the computer?

Hey @Stob thanks for the reply!

Copied from config.yaml

path to store data in

storage.path: F:\StorJ\

I can still access this location and each of the folders inside it. This is an External Drive capable of USB3 and connected via USB3.

The logged error is odd because it should show the full path, e.g. CreateFile F:\StorJ\blobs: The system cannot find the path specified… F:\StorJ\temp…etc.

This suggests the USB drive disconnected and the drive letter changed.

I tried to post the full error but when I submit it says a new member can only post 2 links. I assume this text box is viewing the text as hyperlinks? If there’s another way I can post the entire error logged I can do that.

The drive letter hasn’t changed but I feel like my computer may have restarted when I was away.

Yes, you can use the three backticks ``` to put log files between without the forum trying to make them links…

```
log text
```

Full error text

FATAL	Unrecoverable error	{"error": "Error starting master database on storagenode: group:\n--- CreateFile F:\\StorJ\\blobs: The system cannot find the path specified.\n--- CreateFile F:\\StorJ\\temp: The system cannot find the path specified.\n--- CreateFile F:\\StorJ\\garbage: The system cannot find the path specified.\n--- CreateFile F:\\StorJ\\trash: The system cannot find the path specified.", "errorVerbose": "Error starting master database on storagenode: group:\n--- CreateFile F:\\StorJ\\blobs: The system cannot find the path specified.\n--- CreateFile F:\\StorJ\\temp: The system cannot find the path specified.\n--- CreateFile F:\\StorJ\\garbage: The system cannot find the path specified.\n--- CreateFile F:\\StorJ\\trash: The system cannot find the path specified.\n\tmain.cmdRun:162\n\tstorj.io/private/process.cleanup.func1.4:363\n\tstorj.io/private/process.cleanup.func1:381\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).execute:852\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).ExecuteC:960\n\tgithub.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).Execute:897\n\tstorj.io/private/process.ExecWithCustomConfig:88\n\tstorj.io/private/process.Exec:65\n\tmain.(*service).Execute.func1:64\n\tgolang.org/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.func1:57"}

Yes, so this appears to be the same error as in this thread:

Ok, thank you. I will try and make this change.

Have you copied config.yaml or did setup a storagnode with this path?
Did you use installer at all?

And also - is F:\ disk exist?

This doesn’t seem to fix it, removing administrator rights.

the config.yaml was created during the setup. This node has been running for about 6 months.

F:\ exists and I can access it.

Then it looks like you lost data.
Could you please execute in the PowerShell:

ls F:\StorJ

and

ls F:\

I missed a step in the ownership part after removing user and administrator rights. The owner transfer to SYSTEM is processing now. If it doesn’t work after that I will run those PowerShell commands and post the results.

1 Like