Amazon Drive End of Life - STORJ should be making a push

Yesterday we got an email announcing that Amazon Drive is going to be decommissioned

Beginning December 31, 2023, files stored on Amazon Drive will no longer be available to customers. As part of retiring Amazon Drive, after January 31, 2023, Amazon will no longer support uploading files on the Amazon Drive website. You will still have the ability to review and download your files until December 31, 2023.

Myself along with many other users are going to be on the hunt for a new host:

• What is the STORJ marketing team doing to ensure users find this solution?
  • Is there an easy calculator to help potential customers like myself understand the potential cost to move data to STORJ? I couldn’t find it on the site and I am a node operator…
1 Like

Have you checked this link and filled up the form ?

1 Like

Please note that Amazon Drive was an end user focused product, while Storj DCS is object storage that is more comparable to Amazon S3 and is meant to be used as backend for user facing apps built on top of Storj DCS. End users may be better served using already existing apps which have implemented a Storj backend such as Sliksafe, Nextcloud, Duplicati, rclone or FileZilla.

There are more integrations, the above are just some examples. You can find How To Guides to help you set up more integrations in our Documentation.

3 Likes