I am glad to hear that Storj has some PB customers and that they have even agreed to the new pricing. But you are right. My question focused on a potential situation after the Chapter 11 procedure resp. now after the information that Storj is on the verge of bankruptcy is all over the internet.
When I think of my fellow Germans in the corporate world, I can’t imagine that reputable companies would even consider storing their data on a platform that emerged from bankruptcy. I named already the DFB in my previous comment. But others too, Wortmann, WMF, Miele, Penny, Edeka, BMW, Dräger, Bilfinger, you name it… I can’t imagine a single one. And I can’t imagine why it would be any easier to convince companies to become customers after they’ve completed Chapter 11 proceedings if Storj hasn’t been able to do so before.
But ok, Storj has PB customers. So why in you opinion is Storj not in the Exabyte league today like their competitors?
Wasabi now has over three exabytes of data under management, underscoring the scale and reliability of its services. Industry analysts see Wasabi’s trajectory as part of a broader shift in AI infrastructure.
“Wasabi’s momentum reflects a clear demand for simple, predictable cloud storage,” said Dave McCarthy, research vice president at IDC.
So in your opinion where did Storj go wrong that they were not able to keep up with the competition?
Some? Not yet. The only whitelabel satellite UI that I saw so far is:
If there are more that is even greater.
I second that. You would basically need regional sales and marketing teams that speak the customers’ language and understand their perspectives.
Also when I see all the team members Inveniam [showcases on their website] (Inveniam - Meet the Team) with all their great careers and CVs, they should be able to recommend Storj to their personal network of high ranks.
I also second that so many suggestions have been made and that Trying to restructure without addressing and without a critical reckoning of the past mistakes will be pointless.