Antivirus deleted update service

My antivirus deleted the node update service.
Can someone help me get it back please?

What is the name of this antivirus ?

kaspersky I don’t know what made him delete it, I detected it as malignant

There is negative value in running an antivirus.

It’s not worth it to definitely pay with performance loss and frustration to maybe catch something. How many threats did it block in the last 5 years?

Even in the case of zero day ransomware the recovery is a backup restore away. And antivirus can’t do anything against zero day.

Modern anti-viruses are worse than viruses they pretend to protect against.

Please uninstall it. You can further disable windows defender as well through the group policy.

Enjoys the performance of the hardware you paid for.

2 Likes

Are you sure its deleted and not quarantined ? If its quarantined then you can restore it and add it to Kaspersky’s exclusion list.

I appreciate your advice, but what I need is to recreate the service

Here’s a link to the updater
https://github.com/storj/storj/releases/download/v1.93.2/storagenode-updater_windows_amd64.zip

Well, with a little digging I was able to solve it.
For those who have the same problem, what I did was bakup the folder, uninstall storj, reinstall and copy bakup.

I’m sure there is another way but this one worked for me.

3 Likes

Yea, in case of a service removal (not only binary removal), you need to uninstall the storagenode software, remove the installation folder and install it back. The attempt to update (run the installer without uninstall and the folder deletion), it will not restore the deleted service, so this attempt will fail.

Norton AV was not happy with the amount of data use over the internet, i did send them an false positive request. docker internals where also mentioned in the report from the software.
(it was already on the exclusion list, if not it would have been deleted i guess.)