Any updates for storjlabs/storagenode:latest docker?

As of today I stuck at 1.5.3 version for two weeks, but v1.17.4 is already released.

I`m getting the latest version of the storagenode as it said in the documentation, like this:

docker pull storjlabs/storagenode:latest

Is it ok?

May be this is the reason I don`t get any usage traffic anymore?

P.S.
My node’s stats can be found here.

Do you have watchtower ?

No, I update manually.

Why do you prefer that over automatic update ?

After trying to pull the new image, did it tell you no new image was found? If you update manually, I am assuming you know to rm and re-create the container after a new image pull.

1 Like

Well… Ok… I didn`t know I have to recreate the container.

konard@konard-desktop:~$ sudo docker stop storagenode
[sudo] password for konard: 
storagenode
konard@konard-desktop:~$ sudo docker rm storagenode
storagenode
konard@konard-desktop:~$ sudo docker pull storjlabs/storagenode:latest
latest: Pulling from storjlabs/storagenode
Digest: sha256:1378b23f8097ed8dc5709af40fff47828521cf5d7409c9fca20df78747e99a6f
Status: Image is up to date for storjlabs/storagenode:latest
docker.io/storjlabs/storagenode:latest
konard@konard-desktop:~$ sudo docker run -d --restart unless-stopped --stop-timeout 300 -p 28967:28967 -p 192.168.1.74:14002:14002 -e WALLET="0x102c4f1957484E3cf5507B115cFa9fB47da7862A" -e EMAIL="drakonard@gmail.com" -e ADDRESS="konard.ddns.net:28967" -e STORAGE="1750GB" --mount type=bind,source="/mnt/usb-Seagate_BUP_Slim_BL_NA7LAG1K-0:0-part1/identity/storagenode",destination=/app/identity --mount type=bind,source="/mnt/usb-Seagate_BUP_Slim_BL_NA7LAG1K-0:0-part1/storj/storj",destination=/app/config --name storagenode storjlabs/storagenode:latest
d69a9a5bef973c028c609e77f1f2bea59823fad70e091d5dee86fa81f7fd2967

I executed these commands and it updated to v1.16.1, but not v1.17.4.

1 Like

My answer didn`t pass the spam filter, here is the image:

The image for 1.17.4 won’t be released to docker until the rollout is complete for Windows GUI and Linux native updater. Usually about a week after the change log is posted.

I see your reply in the previous post, no issues.

2 Likes

No reason, now I’ll try the automatic update.

1 Like

Great. This post might help motivate others too.

1 Like

Does it mean I’ve been disqualified already?

curl -s https://version.storj.io 10 | jq .processes.storagenode.minimum.version

Gives "1.16.1" today, but I had 1.5.3 for two weeks…

I am not sure if DQ for old versions is live yet (everyone should assume it is), but in a nutshell:

1 minor version behind = okay
2 minor versions behind = no ingress
3 minor versions behind = DQ’d

So if you were running 1.15.3 and version 1.17.4 was just released, you would be two minor versions behind at most. So your node should be fine.

1 Like

any idea how often are the version release?
i need to run manual updates as well… :neutral_face:

There is no set schedule. The best you can do is either subscribe to notifications for new posts in Engineering Discussions, as changelogs are posted there, or Watch the Github repository and set up notifications for new releases. Version info is also available via https://version.storj.io by looking at the processes:storagenode values for minimum (1 minor release behind) and suggested (current release) versions.

1 Like

I use diun to watch my docker containers. Not ideal as diun requires root access to docker too…

i use podman, so now i facing problem because podman doesnt have daemon… :frowning:
maybe i should go back docker haha

docker run -d --restart=always --name watchtower -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock storjlabs/watchtower storagenode watchtower --stop-timeout 300s