Authorization Token Request

Hey!

I recently wanted to start a fresh node, as I noticed that my previously used setup was configured incorrectly in terms of the storage I have allowed and other minor adjustments, which I now happily would like to apply.

I removed my previous node, stop the service and I proceed with the creation of a new identity for my new setup, again using my same e-mail address. I read somewhere that you can use 1 e-mail address for multiple authorization tokens, so I gave it a go.

Furthermore, I managed to create the identity through PowerShell but upon authorizing I met the below:

2022/02/26 12:18:51 proto: duplicate proto type registered: node.SigningRequest
2022/02/26 12:18:51 proto: duplicate proto type registered: node.SigningResponse
Error: certificates peer error: authorization already claimed: e-mail@address.com:1AeWN2..

My question is rather simply I suppose: where do I go or what do I need to do in order to request a new additional token. I’m using Chrome with AdBlocker if that is relevant, and I’m on a Windows 10 Pro.

Look forward to your professionality as always - kind regards!

Just a quick update.

I do apologies for not taking so long to look around, managed to request a new token here:

Thank you in advance for your time clicking on this :slight_smile:

You can use this link to request a new authorization token. It will offer the same authorization token only if it is not claimed.
Just request a new one and proceed with signing your new identity.

Hello @Alexey,

Thank you for the prompt response as always!

I managed to start the node setup a new. I managed to generate a new token - thanks a lot!

Stay safe and kind regards!

2 Likes

Hi there im having the same problem its my fisrt time loading a nide i used 2 different emails and im getting the same error message if i could please get help im running on Ubuntu.
proto: duplicate proto type registered: node.SigningRequest
proto: duplicate proto type registered: node.SigningResponse
Error: certificates peer error: authorization not found : e-mail@address.com:1AeWN2…

Hi sorry forgot to @Alexey

Hi @Docs414,

Seems like the associated certificate is not found for the specified address - are you sure that you have properly copied your token? Since every node should have its own independent identity as how I see it.

It should be in form

identity authorize storagenode your@emai:1....

Where is storagenode - the folder in the default path. For Linux it’s ~/.local/share/storj/identity, the full path would be ~/.local/share/storj/identity/storagenode.
If you named your identity differently - it will use the specified name as a folder, so you need to use this name in the identity authorize command too.
If your identity is placed in other location, you need to specify it with --identity-dir (please note, you need to specify the parent folder for your identity and use the name of the folder with identity files as a service name in the identity authorize command).

1 Like