Bandwidth utilization comparison thread

i think StorjLabs upped the egress test data… its xmas after all :smiley:

also seeing a substantial uptake in egress.

Bright also recently updated his earnings.py script and had to down adjust the monthly earnings pr TB stored, which has been the trend for the better part of the last year… so hopefully this will be the worst year on record for a while :smiley:
StorjLabs DCS is still a new project, what we are seeing today is most likely what will form the foundation as adoption goes up, so long as we can provide the storagenode services reliably and affordable for StorjLabs.

ofc them cranking the test data a bit always helps, they might also know stuff that we don’t or they cannot reveal and might want to put more money into the storagenode network to prep for future customers…

to that i can only speculate, but its certainly possible… but my money is on it’s xmas and it was about time earnings went up a bit… even if only temporarily.

2 Likes

My 500GB node. It started suctioning before 9 AM at 6.12.2021.

3 Likes

I’m seeing almost no increase today on any of my nodes behind the same /24.

The upload of my two DSL lines have also been glowing since 8 a.m. yesterday. I’ve never had so much egress in such a short time :yum: :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Seems to be some kind of test data or really new data.
Maybe Video streams or something like that.

6 days ago I started a hand-full new nodes and they all have around 12,6 GB ingress, vetting process at a few percent and already 12,2 GB egress.

Here are the stats of the new nodes:

2 Likes

Can’t complain about extra egress!!!

3 Likes

About 6 hours ago, a customer added 36TB… So would expect some bust Ingress

looking back at the last 3 months, it appears to happen every 4 weeks, so I guess it is some backup technology sending to Storj

2 Likes

can barely even see it tho… i suppose it could be the uptake over the last few days.
ofc there are like 10k to 15k nodes so 1TB would be 100MB for each node so it would be like less than 3.6GB extra ingress :smiley:

but nice that the network is seeing more and more usage.
the avg ingress have been slowly climbing.

Yes, so 36,000GB over the 12.0k active nodes (in the last 4 hr) minus 2.75k full nodes, is about 3.9GB each… There’s me being hopeful !!

Here my statistics for about 2hr after your screen print

1 Like

What’s wrong this month? Where are the Petabytes scale customers?

15 month old node with 8TB more space, looks like this

Ingress 172GB Egress 238GB.

Hmmmm, quite similar. But sad. :frowning_face:

January was soo good. :slightly_smiling_face:

the bandwidth graph isn’t very useful, due to it being different depending on node size and random luck.

my 16.3TB node

but yeah certainly doesn’t look like this will be a good month, tho often it does seem to pick up towards the end.

Indeed - suspension issues at the beginning, then constantly decreasing > similar picture.

Hola! cuanto ganas en un mes por brindar un tb de espacio?

no habla

https://forum.storj.io/tag/en-espa%C3%B1ol

Unos 8 dólares al mes, creo. Pero depende de la edad.

The upswing?

1 Like

Y cuanto gastas de consumo?

Mas bien alrededor de 4 dólares al mes por cada TB de datos USADOS (Ojo, no de espacio compartido) y sin contar las retenciones que realizan a los nodos nuevos (menores a 10 meses)
De entrada un nodo nuevo tarda varios meses para poder acumular 1 TB de uso.

1 Like