Best HDD for Storj 190$

I am looking to start running a node and I need suggestions for HDDs to run Storj. I want as much storage as possible for 190$. I need 10$ for SATA to USB connector because I am gonna run it on a raspberry pi 4.
I live in Sweden

How about a 18TB?

Not bad! Are Amazon renewed good as well. That shop ships from US meaning I would have to import it

UPS Saver Duties & Taxes Included

$40.78 shipping, $76.90 duty and tax

117,68 $

FedEx International Economy Duties & Taxes Included

$98.30 shipping, $92.74 duty and tax

191,04 $

FedEx International Priority Duties & Taxes Included

$114.08 shipping, $97.25 duty and tax

211,33 $

The import and shipping is way out of my budget

Maybe add a little extra and buy the biggest you can find. You will fill it in 2-3 years and than just get the maximum out of your pi/USB port.
I would recommend Seagate Exos 20-22-24TB, because they are cheapest and fastest. But you need an UPS, if your power is untrustwhorty.
Toshiba MG are the slowest, but they have a persistent cache that survives power outages, and have similar prices with Exos.
WD is the most expensive option, and the performace gains, if there are any, don’t count too much.
In any case, get CMR enterprise drives, use ext4, and check the topic “on tuning ext4” by Toyoo.
If you’re looking for good deals, search for refurbished ones or new, but with some defects from manufacture or shipping. I got a few 22TB ones, brand new, at half price, with hit marks. They work flawlessly.

205€ 16Tb

https://amzn.eu/d/15NSxIn

This is what I am looking for. The other 16 TB is over my budget if converted to SEK

1 Like

Does anybody have experience with the Seagate 5 year Limited Warranty on EXOS drives? It may be worth spending some extra and be sure you are going to get return on your investment.

Recertified/renewed/refurbished drives typically have only a few moths of warrany.

I bought recertified drives and they work great, better than new. When they were new, the previous owner sent them in warranty in first years of use.
Regarding your question, I believe the warranty for recertified drives ends when the original warranty for new drives ends. Recertified drives are sent to Seagate for repair.
Refurbished is other thing. I believe refurbished can mean anything: repaired, good condition with previous owner/owners, etc., so they weren’t repaired by Seagate. The warranty for them varry with reseller. I don’t know if the original OEM warranty applies.

So after some time i got now a different budget of 1500 SEK for drive + SATA to USB. I don’t got old components laying around