Best storj node config Ri4 8gb

Hi what ist the best hardware config for 4x10tb hdd with Ri4. What is the best docker config for this, and what is the best Ri4 config for this and ad last what ist the best hdd filesysten format. I have a Ri4 with 2x10tb in a usb3 case and sometime a big problem with the high rate in read/write form the hdds.

1 Like

One node for one harddrive, use ext4 for all harddrives.

Don’t use any RAID, mount the disks standalone and don’t do anything else with the node.

High read/write is expected upon node restart, as the filewalker goes over all of your files.

3 Likes

I read a lot about noatime setting in linux related posts.

You should have this in mind:

But aside from that… Sounds like a similar setup like mine - 2x 10 TB, too.

1 Like

My nodes dosnt need cpu they are 10% but the filewalker process is very long 10tb 2-3days

1 Like

On my setup (RPi3) I’ve disabled startup filewalker and enabled lazy filewalker. Having the startup filewalker across the 3 nodes I’m running there would cause timeouts. RPi4 may behave better, but with the option of lazy filewalker is the on-startup filewalker even needed? In my config.yaml:

# enable/disable filewalker at start of node
storage2.piece-scan-on-startup: false

# enable/disable lazy filewalker
pieces.enable-lazy-filewalker: true

i dont know, can you post your fstab?

If you’re asking me, they’re just basic “ext4 defaults 0 2” mounts.

yea i ask you for this. do you have spezian config for your pi? how long or how old are your nodes?

No idea what spezian is. Just the vanilla Raspbian buster image that I set up in late 2020. First node was crated Nov 2020, second in Jan 2021, third in Feb 2021.

special sry. this i mean

this means no special config

it’s needed if you have a problem like discussed in this topic: Disk usage discrepancy?

1 Like

Drat, I was thinking the lazy filewalker was able to do everything the startup filewalker did, just at a more leisurely pace. Thanks for pointing this out!