Best VPN options with port forwarding

What are your favorite VPN providers, featuring port forwarding?

Are there free alternatives which include a no-log policy?

Nobody is using a vpn? :smile:

You can search this forum for VPN and find several threads about it. But long story short, it will work only with VPNs with port forwarding feature. It will not work without a public IP.

There are several options, for example PIA, ngrok, portmap.io, pureVPN and so on. You can Google for “VPN with port forwarding” to find more options.

4 Likes

I think the main problem is that the ping time is fairly high on some vpns so it leads to lots of cancelled uploads.

PIA (privateinternetaccess) offers port forwarding and even dedicated IP for some extra payment. There is a trial option so you can test it out free.

1 Like

Did test it, but random ports are too complicated to handle. I thought about PureVPN, but not yet convinced, investing extra money upfront to wait 10 months to earn enough to cover the cost. I do want to support the project, but the project does not support „the extra mile“. :innocent:

1 Like

I personally use PureVPN. What problems/Questions do you exactly have? For ports their guides are also available.

Hi. Lately I was also wondering the same thing. I have tried quite a few different VPN providers for this task, but settled on VeePN. Port forwarding is available with it and the price is favorable. That’s not to mention the other benefits. So, I use it myself and recommend it to my friends and I will recommend it to you. All the best to you)

I use PIA like @Krimarai above for my seedbox. Speeds from my 1G fibre are around 250-300Mbps. Port forwarding works well, also offers split tunneling which is essential if your planning to use it to run multiple nodes. Latency is about 2ms when using a dedicated IP to the closest datacenter. Overall the VPN with dedicated IP on special for 3 years costs about $5 a month (VPN + IP). They often have really good sales.

I think is really hard to find IPs without other nodes running

1 Like

Most likely, there may be a problem with the VPN itself, as I will assume that your network is configured correctly.