I just started my node using:

sudo docker run -d --restart unless-stopped --stop-timeout 300
-p 28967:28967
-p :14002:14002
-e WALLET=“walletaddr”
-e EMAIL=“email”
-e ADDRESS=“hostname.ddns.net:28967
-e STORAGE=“3.9TB”
–mount type=bind,source=/home/crypto/storj/storj/identity/storagenode,destination=/app/identity
–mount type=bind,source=/mnt/storj,destination=/app/config
–name storagenode storjlabs/storagenode:beta

instead of latest, I didn’t realise the page had been updated recently. What can I do?

They both point to the same image so currently using either tag should work fine.

1 Like

ok thanks, so I can leave it as it is? I would prefer to use a stable version, rather than Beta going forward

I recently switched to latest when I saw it was the same image as beta. I guess I assumed we should use latest for production. Is that correct, or is the recommendation to continue using beta?

1 Like

Since the documentation has been changed I guess latest is fine now. I’d still like some form of confirmation, because previously using the latest image could lead to issues. But for now it does seem like they point to the exact same image.

2 Likes

I agree. Any change to commands should be announced by a forum post (banner) and email. As per the current edit it seems only Linux command has latest tag while Windows and Mac still show beta
tag.

This leads me to suspect whoever edited the page is operating a Linux node :nerd_face:

6 Likes

lol, yeah and it was changed quite recently, because i reloaded the doc page a few days ago maybe even last night and still had it open where it said beta, until i reloaded it.

i would have thought they had released the new version when changing the command… but no … lol

Well hopefully StorjLabs are going to notify us all by email when we need to use ‘latest’ instead of ‘beta’.

When this happens, I’m wondering if ‘beta’ will stay as a tag for testing new versions before they’re stable. Although, not sure a lot of people would will to risk their nodes by using an unstable version, unless some incentives come with it ^^

currently i believe beta and latest are the exact same version…
however since around last updated the documentation has been changed to used latest as the default, so i assume the switch has already happened… ofc i would expect them to keep the beta on the same as the latest for a long while still to avoid issues for people manually updating which aren’t paying to much attention.

you can see it here in the docker run command and also in the docker pull command earlier in the documentation steps… this was just the link i had on hand. :smiley:

i duno if it’s official but i assume so, and i’ve pulled from latest or tried… the last update was canned so not sure i actually pulled from that… might still be on beta… but next time there is an update i will be pulling from the latest tag or whatever it called.

you can check them here if you want, and if you search for beta you ofc get the beta
https://hub.docker.com/r/storjlabs/storagenode/tags?page=1&name=latest

lots of confusing versions on that page tho… i guess the developers use it for testing

They’ve notified us here: The storagenode docker run command has been updated

2 Likes

Right. But surely many SNOs aren’t keeping track of what’s going in this forum, how will they know?

A mail is probably going to be sent out to nodes with to old versions. As long as they have an email address is the node