Blocked by portmap.io, node dead in the water

Hi all,

I don’t know why, but portmap has blocked my account and IP, so my node is now dead.

Any other ideas how to get past cgnat?

Then you can use ngrok, PIA, AirVPN, PureVPN, and some other VPN with port forwarding feature.
As the last resort would be to rent a small VPS with unlimited bandwidth, setup the VPN server there and configure routing.

Thank you. So far I have not found any option under $5/month. The most my node has ever made was $8. This just isn’t economic and this is logical, as I would occupy an IP and twice the bandwidrh on the VPN or VPS service.

So this is the point where I say thanks to all of you for your support over the last 2 years or so. Good luck and have fun.

Farewell,
Peter.

Have you tried to get a public IP? If not, try to change ISP?

Its probably one of these reasons why,

1. You used temporary email during account registration.
  2. We got abuse report regarding your account.
  3. Your account was free and its configuration matched one of the patterns of illegal or prohibited usage of our service.

If your account was blocked there’s no way to get it back.
We do not block Premium accounts without noticing.

Yes, after the ISP first imposed cgnat without warning. They reverted it once, then refused.

We live in a rural area in central Thailand. There are no landlines and I consider myself lucky to have fibre. The only alternative is wireless and I’m sure that all ISPs will use cgnat, because of the shortage of IP addresses.

It was a free Portmap account. Paying for it is the same as paying for VPN: uneconomic to run a node. I tested and it’s not the ISP blocking it. I switched on the VPN on my tablet and their web site came up instantly. When I tried to log on it said the account is blocked.

I don’t find the blocking without notice strange, although unexpected after such a long time. They don’t want to pay to run my node and that’s only fair enough.

Get a stardust vps server from https://scaleway.com/, it costs around 2.3-2.4 eur per month with a dedicated ipv4