But I don’t understand, what’s the point of such a facility?

Hello

Beautiful facilities!

But I don’t understand, what’s the point of it?
I have a 2.5TB node created in April 2020 which filled up very quickly (2 months) but those created in November 2020 do not fill up (150Gb in 3 months) yet I have the latest version of storj, a 1Gb fiber connection.

You manage to get data on your new nodes or you only have old nodes already filled.

1 Like

Please keep your post relevant to the topic.

I don’t understand the question.

Why do you install a big storj?

no one cant predict customer behavior, it was writen 100 times here.
customer can upload 100TB on one day and not upload any more for long time.
Also there was less nodes on that time, so now data spread on 2-5 time more nodes than before.
Also in begining was more test data as there was more test than now.
As there will be more stuctural changes then, may be, we will see more data.
Need more data, then need more custumers, for more custumers need more features that custumest can use and can be sure that this is bulet proof solution.
All this takes significant time.

1 Like

I was mainly talking about ingress, today it takes 20 months to fill 2TB so there is no point in being oversized.

Your calculations are not correct. On average over last three months my nodes had around 360GB/month of data intake, so it’s 20 months to fill a 8TB drive.

There’s always a chance that big customer appears and decides to upload a ton of data in a short period of time. You could get a year worth of ingress in weeks, but if you don’t have the space you miss out.

5 Likes

Totally agree, and only the nodes already vetted will be able to take up the slack at short notice. I think it’s much better to have nodes with plenty of spare capacity. Plus is takes 16 months to get past the held amount stage so I think SNOs should be planning to start a new node with plans for at least the next 24months.

3 Likes