Calculate your current Proffits on Windows

Hi everybody don’t know about you, but I have a GUI node and I would have found this very helpful back when I was setting up my node… THIS is a link to where I originally got this information but I tried to simplify it for people that are new at this (HAVE A GUI INSTALL) and don’t really understand what is going on. I think some thing like this would be good to have in the documentation and if people actually find it useful i might put is on ideas.portal. Hope this helps you, it would have helped me. Enzo.

Message me If I should add something.

Step 1
Run this command in powershell and restart your computer. By running it you add a feature in windows that will allow you to run linux commands inside windows.
Source: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wsl/install-win10
Command: Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName Microsoft-Windows-Subsystem-Linux

Step 2
Install python and save this script as earnings.py

Python download here

Step 3
Run the command in the Ubuntu shell which you should have if you followed step 1.

command: sudo apt install sqlite3

Step 4

STOP YOUR NODE

Step 5

Run the script from the data folder (it’s better to copy it to a different place and run this script from there to avoid the database corruption with a parallel access)

python earnings.py

• either specify the path to the data folder as an argument:

python earnings.py /path/to/data

• or specify the path to the data folder and month:

python earnings.py /path/to/storj/data 2019-05

Step 6

Restart your node.

As I mentioned on the other topic where you posted these instructions, there is no need to install WSL and use the ubuntu shell. You can just run the script from powershell after installing python.

2 Likes

Yes, I know. I added it in just because it was in this.