Calculation of held amount

Hello Storj Community,

I had always thought that the held amount structure start when you join the network (it also suggests this way in the docs) but now i have noticed that when i navigate to payout-information and select the new europe-north-1 satelite that the bar is showing 75% held back, but on the others it shows 50%:

Europe-North-1:

Saltlake:

Does this mean the held amount is calculated according to every satelite or is this a UI bug?

If this is in fact correct, i would suggest to update the docs to make this a little bit more clear. Here’s a snippet from what the docs say:

Yes. Every satellite handles the payment for the node it interacts with. So your node’s age on every satellite may differ.

Use earnings calculator to see your node’s age

1 Like

The question is: if I start with 550gb and then during month 7-9 I decide to increase storage size … will I still keep 100% of the revenue generated by the new added capacity?

held amount only related with node age, not data age or storage age. you can put 550gb and after year add 10tb, new added space will not have held ammount at all if you add it after 9 months

2 Likes