Can I embed an uploaded video into a site?

I understand a video I upload is hosted on IPFS already, right? Can I then embed the video onto a web2 or web3 site in place of using a youtube link? Is this even usable like Pinata or would I go straight to Pinata and forget using Storj?

Storj DCS does not “store” files on IPFS, though IPFS pinning using STORJ DCS as the storage layer is possible (stay tuned for more.)

However, for video streaming, you may be more interested in these options:

and

3 Likes

I think I found the best solution via Pinata. I love Storj’s command line since it could be integrated w/ other programs. The private streaming service sounds legit. Will check it out, thank you @heunland.

1 Like

You upload to DC’s get the link and then embedded it as a video in the html

I manage it by clicking on the video uploaded , then click on share , next you will see preview with video player-> go to inspect mode you will have to inspect video player , it is HTML5 Video Tag. just copy it, also you can make changes in video tag attributes.

Hello @stitpragya22,
Welcome to the forum!

Please note - the preview link will expire after 24h, so it’s better to use a Share button and use the link from there.

Hmmm I understand that you can share the link, the problem is that it’s not embeddable!

Is it possible to have direct access to my files? as in a direct link that will show me the clean pic, NOT a webpage with the picture embedded?

I was trying to replace Backblaze with stornj, but I can’t find a way to use it on my site…!

Hello @inY2K,
Welcome to the forum!

You need to replace /s/ in the URL to /raw/
You may also take a look on:

1 Like