Can my core 2 duo PC handle two nodes?

Yes, that’s why I’m a also bit surprised. And thanks for your posts like the AFR/RAID discussions I followed with Odmin with interest (I’m personnally keeping my single sata-attached enterprise disk’s setup, one by node, on the home pc I use as main where I can observe the logs on my second screen).

Which is a good way to put a computer to use,

But overloading a desktop with nodes doesn’t seem that person are by the book and probably cheating the system to make it look like each node is on a different IP address.

Yes, absolutely, but I hope you didn’t misunderstood that I actually don’t want overload my own machine. I’ve two nodes with two ethernet interfaces and two separated FAI/IP connections & routers, and I’ll never try to cheat with the system. But good reminder, I guess. I already read still a lot of person think they’re mining, so maybe they didn’t understood the value of the stored data, for a human use, also because they see a huge constant activity due to testing data.

No sorry I didn’t mean you want too.
I just see it more an more people are treating this like mining and trying to get the most profit they can… Not alot of honesty going on here.

1 Like

Thanks for your support and contribution to the community anyway, beside Alexey, the staff and all the others (I’m often lurking there). ;o)

I’m actually here because I’m convinced the decentralized cloud is the internet future, including for video & streaming communities where I participate.

N.B. still I don’t hate receiving some Storj tokens :grin:

Im happy to help people here, theres alot of great people in this community supporting everyone and I love it and enjoy it.

2 Likes

I was originally planning to buy this,

But @donald.m.motsinger suggested me to buy SLI raid controller instead of this(he actually did suggest me to buy a used one because it would be economical).
But I want your suggestion.
Just like the compatibility of the SSD (my pc supports SATA II speed that is why I have a compromised speed of SATA II even in SSD which has got a speed of SATA III).
If I am just wasting my money on a compromised speed, I won’t be buying it and move on with my first option.
But if there is no such thing as compromised speed and is totally compatible with my PC, why not try it in the long run?
Please suggest something.

I would suggest using what you already got instead of buying anything, If your going to buy, buy something super cheap 20 dollars for a decent pcie sata card, if not just deal with what you have. I dont recommend going out to buy anything to increase a couple of MB/s Its really not going to make or break it.
As I said before my node is running on a 11 year old machine with sata2 and its doing fine the only reason to buy a sata controller is to maybe add some more IO that is about it. People are running there nodes on USB 2.0 drives on a rpi3 I wouldnt spend anything extra if you dont need to.

1 Like

Okay, then I will go over to my first option.
If I had a good CPU, I would have definetely bought the suggested one but since its old I will choose my first option.
Thank you Deathlessdd

And will multiplenode really be worth the shot under the same IP address?

No it wont, Unless the first node is full, it doesn’t increase the amount of traffic you get it will be shared.

1 Like

If I have a 100 Mbps internet connection what kind of installtion will be good for the income?

How many nodes are you already running on the same IP?

NONE.
But I am planning to run a multiple node on a PC with a 100 Mbps upstream and downstream.

Well I would start with one node on the same IP wait for that one to fill up, start a second node. More nodes on the same IP doesn’t mean more money. If you start a bunch of nodes on the same IP they all have to go though vetting process and it will take twice as long to get though that. Because they will share data between them.

1 Like

Oh, yeah the trick lies on how you do it.
I was being anxious that I do not have any other options left, but thank you for you suggestion.
And does the download use all of the 100 Mbps bandwidth?

its possible it could use the entire 100Mbps that you have, I seen my nodes peak at 250Mbps.

1 Like

And if I fill up my hard drive one by one, will there be no IP filtering issues?

No it will just use the second node to fill, If anyone downloads from your node it will be from the first one nothing affects that. Think of it like this it would be splitting the amount evenly between them as if they were one node.

1 Like

And at last when I fill up all my four hard disk drive will the bandwidth be shared equally or according to the need?

Evenly I dont know about that its going to try to take whatever it can get it doesnt know how much bandwidth is available. With more nodes your internet will begin to struggle if customers all download from your nodes at the sametime which would cause you to loose the race.

1 Like