Can someon explain payment and potential fees?

Hello- just trying to understand how payments work.
i made about 100$ last month.
i was payed roughly 66$ (66 dollers hit my wallet) - about 100 storj - 100 storj was deposited into my wallet.
there is a fee of about 3$ according to my wallet (trust wallet).
the 100$ was reported by my dashboard, so its not any held amounts.
so where is the rest of my money? why am i payed about 66% of what i acutally earned?
this seems to happend about every month. so either dashboards are wrong, there is hidden fees or im not payed what im owed.

also, if there is so many fees - how can that be me paying for that?
imagine you work at a job, and the say you will get 10.000 pr month!
buuuut their bank has to pay alot of transfer fees so you get just 6600 a month.
feels unfair?
and it makes the 1,5$ per TB very inaccurate.

please explain like im 5.
im just trying to understand why my dashboard will tell me i get about 100USD - when in fact i get only 66 - which roughly equates to my power bill…
Thanks for reading

1 Like

Will all respect, payment process should not be explained like you’re five. If you’re incapable of understanding the payment process, you should spend more time reading the documentation.

i made about 100$ last month.

According to which dashboards? Would you care to supply additional information?

also, if there is so many fees - how can that be me paying for that?

Because that is how crypto works.

imagine you work at a job, and the say you will get 10.000 pr month!
buuuut their bank has to pay alot of transfer fees so you get just 6600 a month.
feels unfair?

First of all, StorJ is not a job. It’s a free piece of software that you run in your spare time on your spare equipment that is online anyways. The fact that you treat it like a mining adventure does not mean it’s what it is. You’ve bought a tonne of equipment to host StorJ - that is directly against the spirit of the entire project. When you decide the short term money is not worth it for you and you pull all your equipment out to chase another project, you’re hurting StorJ.

$1.5/TB is measure as online TB pr. Month. If you had downtime, you’ll not recieve the full dollarfiddy

im just trying to understand why my dashboard will tell me i get about 100USD - when in fact i get only 66 - which roughly equates to my power bill…

You’re supposed to run StorJ on hardware that’s already online. If you were not hosting StorJ, the powerbill would still have been there. Once again; the fact that you’re treating this like mining is what’s hurting you here. I personally find it a huge! success, that my primary hobby funds itself. There is so much learning to do in the forums, on coding, the project - and in your case - youtube production.

Embrace the qualities, quit the bickering.

Please describe how you expect what and why. (screenshots?)

may be? wich one ?

from wallet or from transfer itself? adress? wich layer ethereum or zk era?

There also is the held amount, unless the node is over 9 months old - How does held back amount work? - Storj Docs.

Thanks for your answer- i do dissagree with alot of what your saying.

First of:
I have not made any huge investments into a storj server. I actually only run it on the two servers i have that is allready running.

Secondly:
I dont look it like a job, but i do look it at a time consumer - and it was just a matter of finding an example from the real world. I think alot of people here spend a good amount of time to make sure everything is running to provide the service we do.

Third:
i dont treat it like mining. i look at it with potential and the ability to learn stuff - 100% for sure. I have made scripts to monitor stuff on my phone- i have endpoints that sends data about my nodes and i do care about this alot more than some random crypto mining.

fourth: i am not bickering nor am i complaining. i am seeking knowledge on a subject i dont know about. Maybe you belive i should read the docs instead of asking here. but maybe i prefer asking here.

Thanks for you answer once again :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So i have an ethereum wallet i belive. also it the fee shown within my wallet.
The payout data is both from my localdashbaord (the official one) and my grafanadashboard - but is about 100$

I have taken account into the held amount - this is not part of the 100$

I feel that’s too harsh. Everyone can’t grasp at the information given in documentation. If OP says explain it like 5 then OP understands its simple enough that a 5 year old can understand but “I” can’t.

The amazing people of this community have always taught others by sharing what they know in a professional manner even if it meant repeating it 100 times.

I humbly request you to treat others the way you want to be treated.

Our Platinum standard for being professional, knowledgeable and repeating same things over multiple posts per day year after year without losing his cool even once is @Alexey.

7 Likes

any nodes revenue below the payout limit?/ different adresses?

any in zk era opted in?

Thanks man…
20 words

Daki - yea there might actually be some nodes under the payout limit - i have access to a few adresses - including my parents for exmaple.

im not using the ZK thing.

Just because i am building a server for storj and making a video about it - it does not mean i invested money on a server only for storj. and the parts i used in that video was parts i had for other projects too. i own roughly 1-15 full desktop PC’s - so making a little video with 5 year old 2TB hdd is not something i will call an investment. its for intertainment only.

also i fully dissagree with you. This project can be a time consumer for new learners. and its not just setup docker and forget it. espcially not if you got multible nodes and runs within windows and dont want to use docker. And there can be many factors that require time investment. I mean look at the forums - people spend hours on hours debugging and fine tunning their setup. as do i - so yes - it consumes time for me - so i needed something to compare it to. it might not consume time for you - that great. But im just here to understand and your comments is not really helping me much.

why do i treat it like mining because i am comparing to services that are trying to do much the same thing? i really dont get your point?

and again - i am NOT conplaining about earnings or how much im getting paid. I wont - because i love storj.
i am just trying to understand why numbers might appear lower when payout has been done.

If you are using the same payout address then this won’t apply. The limit is applied to summary of all payouts for all the nodes you have configured with the same payout address, so even if one single node would be below the payout limit on itself, you will get this node’s earnings if the summary will be higher than the minimum payout.
Are you sure you are using the same payout address on all the nodes?

2 Likes

Good to know. and thanks- yea i am using the same wallet on my nodes :slight_smile:

2 Likes

And if you multiply the amount of tokes you did receive yesterday with yesterday’s price of ~$0.62 (Storj (STORJ) Price, Charts, and News | Coinbase: storj coin, storj coin nedir, storj price), is it still lower than expected? I’m just thinking maybe it is displayed incorrectly in your wallet or something.
Also maybe check on Etherscan if the amount sent to the wallet corresponds to what the wallet is displaying.

Thanks for the suggestion - but yea even with decrease of value i still belive its below - i will checkout the etherscan :slight_smile:

And one more thing, if you are using Grafana to display the payouts, then the Satellite summary table has the rates hardcoded - I just recently realised after the Payout summary was not matching the Satellite table summary, and the reason was it still had the old egress rates configured. These are now $2 for everything.
But if you did check also the node payout screens, then this probably won’t be the problem.

So when you look at your Node dashboard, and click into “Payout Information” → “Custom Date Range” → Jan 2024… is shows “NET TOTAL” as $100… but “Distributed” as only $66?

Or do both NET TOTAL and Distributed both show $100… but what arrived in your ETH wallet was $66? If so… how are you determining the coin value: looking someplace like CoinGecko?

Please check the transaction on ethplorer.io - it provides a more accurate value on sent date.
Also, as @Roxor suggested - please show the calculation for January on the Payout Information page.