Can't access ports

Just created a node but I can’t access the dashboard. Refused to connect. I have both 28967 and 14002 allowed on my router(eero) tcp and udp. Also ufw enabled. 28967 and 14002 allowed. Uptime Robot doesn’t see the port either. Any recommendations? I’m using ubuntu on a mini pc.

Hi @rizdickulous
Please post your docker run command. Can you post the last entries from the log?

Thanks for the reply. I was rebuilding to see if i had made any mistakes but same problem still. Just ran docker logs but says “Waiting for running update to be finished” I’ll reply again when it’s done updating.

Do you know how long the update usually takes? Its been 1hr.

Hello @rizdickulous,
Welcome to the forum!

It should update within minutes unless you have a slow connection (like EDGE or GPRS).
Could you post the last 20 lines from your logs here between two new lines with three backticks?
Like this:

```
logs here
```

Its past 6 hours still updating. I have gig speed. So not sure what the hold up is.

It’s not updating, it’s simple doesn’t work.
Please stop and remove the container and run it back.
Please post your docker run command here between two new lines with three backticks (you may mask the private info).

Ok thank you. I’ll give it a shot again tomorrow.

docker run -d --restart unless-stopped --stop-timeout 300
-p 28967:28967/tcp
-p 28967:28967/udp
-p 127.0.0.1:14002:14002
-e WALLET=“0xXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX”
-e EMAIL="user@example.com"
-e ADDRESS=“publicip:28967”
-e STORAGE=“7TB”
–user $(id -u):$(id -g)
–mount type=bind,source=“/home/riz/.local/share/storj/identity/storagenode/”,destination=/app/identity
–mount type=bind,source=“/mnt/”,destination=/app/config
–name storagenode storjlabs/storagenode:latest

Error: Error starting master database on storagenode: group:
— stat config/storage/blobs: no such file or directory
— stat config/storage/temp: no such file or directory
— stat config/storage/garbage: no such file or directory
— stat config/storage/trash: no such file or directory
2023-01-19 20:51:47,567 INFO exited: storagenode (exit status 1; not expected)
2023-01-19 20:51:48,568 INFO gave up: storagenode entered FATAL state, too many start retries too quickly
2023-01-19 20:51:49,570 WARN received SIGQUIT indicating exit request
2023-01-19 20:51:49,571 INFO waiting for processes-exit-eventlistener, storagenode-updater to die
2023-01-19T20:51:49.571Z INFO Got a signal from the OS: “terminated” {“Process”: “storagenode-updater”}
2023-01-19 20:51:49,573 INFO stopped: storagenode-updater (exit status 0)
2023-01-19 20:51:50,576 INFO stopped: processes-exit-eventlistener (terminated by SIGTERM)

saw your previous answer on another thread to solve this. thanks!

You’re welcome!

This is bothering me. The /mnt folder usually used to mount all disks, so it would be better to stop and remove the container and create subfolder there, update your /etc/fstab to mount your disk to that new folder and check that it works:

sudo mount -a

It should mount your disk without any issues. After that update your docker run command to use this new subfolder instead of just /mnt, i.e. if you created subfolder /mnt/storj:

--mount type=bind,source="/mnt/storj",destination=/app/config

Please note, since you already executed with SETUP=true, you should never use this step again. The setup step must be executed for the same identity only once for its entire existence.

I would also recommend to copy your identity to the disk with data and update path to it in your docker run command, because the identity without data is useless and data without its identity is useless too.