Can't get FTP working once again

[Window Title]
Site Manager - Invalid data

[Content]
You have to enter a valid access grant.
Error: failed to parse access grant: uplink: invalid access grant format

[OK]

I keep getting this exact error message on Filezilla, despite you know following your guides exactly.

Looking at the number of dots you clearly didn’t follow the instructions.

1 Like

These are invalid now (Security) but ya

These two are a example also not valid

The field with access grants looks like incorrectly filled with a wrong data, the access grant is very long string of random characters.
Please create another access grant (if you closed a window in your browser) using the same encryption phrase used during upload of your objects, and copy the generated access grant to the field Access Grant in FileZilla site setup.

Okay your guide is wrong then I got it working by ignoring your guide

which tells me to create s3 credentials and instead just create a normal access grant

You generated an S3 credentials, not the access grant. If you want to use S3, you need to have a FileZilla PRO and follow this guide: Understanding FileZilla Pro Integration - Storj Docs
Please create another access grant using the same encryption phrase used during upload of your objects, and copy the generated access grant to the field Access Grant in FileZilla site setup.

I will fix the guide, thank you for noticing the mistake!

Wait but this if you wanted us to create a access grant you could of made the guide more clear by saying that you could click on this one here
which leads to the same place but also suggests you should be making a access grant

Yes, you are correct, if you clicked the link in the guide, it will give you instruction how to create an access grant, not s3 credentials as it suggests on the FileZilla setup guide.
And I fixed the guide:

Please check a preview (it will expire after some time): Setting Up FileZilla for File Transfer - Storj Docs

Do you see any other confusing things?

No that was the main thing that really confused me, when I saw the thing that told me to click on created s3 access I just assumed I was making a s3 access because there was a button that said make a regular access

1 Like

The PR has been merged, it will be deployed soon.