Change database url

Hello,
I found in the config.yaml that there is a possibility to configure the url for the revocation database.

url for revocation database (e.g. bolt://some.db OR redis://127.0.0.1:6378?db=2&password=abc123)
server.revocation-dburl: bolt://E:\Storj Node/revocations.db

Since I just found such a configuration for the revocation database, I would like to know if it is possible to change the url for all databases in use?

Thank you very much.

why do you want to do that?
What happens if your node is upgraded? Then the upgrade script needs to deal with all various of users changing config.

Thank you very much for your reply.

I have added an SSD to my NAS. I want the location of the database files to be changed to the SSD as they change frequently and do not take up much space.

So if I can only change the path of the database files to the SSD, it would work for me.

If it is possible I would like to use a MariaDB or MySQL database instead of the SQLite-DB. That way I could use one database for my two nodes.

This is not possible for the sqlite db’s. You could use the SSD as a cache instead if your NAS supports it.

Thank you very much for your reply.

My NAS supports ssd-cache, but I would prefer to change the location of the sqlite db’s. I cannot control what the ssd-cache caches, and there is a possibility of data loss in case of power failure.

Is there really no way to change the location of the database files? I sometimes read in this forum that the database files were corrupted for various reasons. If it were possible to change the location somewhere safer or even connect the storagenode to a running database, that would be helpful for me.

I especially like the idea for someone who runs more then one stogenode. Because he can use one database for all storagenodes.

I mean… It’s open source software. There’s always a way. But not an officially supported one.

Well yes.

But it would be much simpler if there is a config file to change the location of the db files then to edit the hole project.