Changelog v0.34.6

My watchtower logs also show nothing except when an update is pulled.

It would be nice to add a log entry to indicate when the last check for an update was.

1 Like

Hummā€¦ :smirk:
I donĀ“t have the ā€œlatestā€ flag on my watchtower container:

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t worry too much about this. Many people on the forums may want to be more on top of it, but I doubt thatā€™s a significant amount compared to those who just set it and forget it.

I have to admit I force the update when the docker image was available, because I wanted to post the new success rate script asap. But in most cases I would patiently wait for watchtower to do its thing.

2 Likes

You should clear those unused images by

docker system prune -a

3 Likes

If you want people to let watchtower do its thing you shouldnā€™t send emails saying

Weā€™re contacting you to let you know you can update your Storage Nodeā€™s software. You are currently on version 0.33.4 which is out of date and we donā€™t want your reputation impacted. Click the link below to upgrade to the latest software.

and

We contacted you yesterday but wanted to let you know you are on 0.33.4 and still need to update your Storage Nodeā€™s software. If you donā€™t update it soon it can affect both your reputation and potentially your payout amount.

6 Likes

Interesting, I didnā€™t receive such an email.

Neither did I

A few more WordsšŸ˜„

I did receive it. I do not run Watchtower and I updated a few hours after the new docker image was available, but I still got the email.
The new docker image became available between 18:51 and 19:51, while I got the email at 20:44 (all times are GMT+2).
The notification email is good, but if it is expected to update in 72 hours and not immediately, then maybe the email should be sent after those 72 hours, giving 72 more hours to update (in case the automatic update failed or something).

5 Likes

I received the email. I like these emails, perhaps send this email at the start of the last 72h before you can start to lose repuatition to those who havenā€™t updated yet? I think that would work for everyone.

This issue was already discussed in another thread. We already alerted the marketing team about this premature email alert problem. To address this issue, they will implement a change so that such reminder emails should not go out until around 100 hours after the new version is first released.

6 Likes

Souds great!
Why are only some people getting email alerts? I have 3 nodes and never received such email although Iā€™m still not up-to-date with my node.

Do you have an actual email addresses in your nodeā€™s configs?

I just checked my config.yaml and canā€™t find it in thereā€¦ that is weirdā€¦ it was in my docker run command from the startā€¦
Is the email not being saved in the config.yaml or did some bug cause it to not be saved from the docker run command to the config.yaml?

If you have specified it in the docker run command with a -e EMAIL=your@email.tld, then it should be used.

docker inspect storagenode -f "{{ .Config.Env }}" | grep -Po "EMAIL=.*? "

yes it is specified with -e EMAIL and shown in my docker env.
I just thought it would also be stored in config.yaml since you were referring to

The environment variables and parameters have a precedence above options in the config.yaml

1 Like

So basically my configuration is correct but I never receive any emails about updating my node.

have received emails about updating and when node is not seen by slat lake sat.