Changelog v1.41.2

For Customers

New Onboarding Workflow
We have implemented a new onboarding workflow. After signup, we send out an activation link that will also work as a one-time login token. The customer will see the onboarding wizard after clicking on the activation link. The new onboarding wizard offers two onboarding experiences. On one hand a quick file upload and great user experience with the file browser. The other option in the onboarding wizard is maximum security. It will guide the customer through the important uplink commands.

Upgrade Pro Account Overview
At the end of the new onboarding workflow, we implemented a pro account overview. It contains all the important information like pricing, upload and download limit, project limits. The current pro account limits are 25 TB used space and 100 TB download traffic per project with up to 3 projects. As always you can contact support for higher limits.

Shout out
Shout out to @jammerdan @nerdatwork @deathlessdd for testing the new onboarding worflow on the QA satellite.

10 Likes

If there are no changes to storagenode, why is it rolled out?
EDIT I found this change which might be useful for SNOs :
storagenode/piecestore: add logs for restore trash endpoint

Sorry for re-EDIT

1 Like

We have a release every 2 weeks. If there is no code change that also means there is no reason to hold it back. As soon as we would start to skip releases we will move away from our release schedule with some bad side effects (for example less test automation) that I would like to avoid.

3 Likes

So release is just to increment the version No# on SNO’s dashboard? Interesting concept …

1 Like

Think of the ecosystem, not only small part of it. All versions of all services should be compatible, this would easier the process.
However, it would be interesting to see, how it would work when we would have a Community satellites

3 Likes

Take a look at the changelog. There are still plenty of changes in that release. Would you like us to hold back any improvements just because there is no improvement for you personally? How about customers? They don’t deserve improvements?

1 Like

I like the ci/cd concept, I was just asking for what the commit was for SNOs I.e. me but then looked in the git and found the trash log change. Probably should have added “edit” sorry

1 Like

No need to get defensive, I was surprised that SNO’s had an update where there was no change on SNO side. My assumption was SNO’s had a different software package compared to customers front end and satellite etc…

If Customer’s front end or Satellite had an update, then SNO’s wouldn’t be touched and vice versa. Hence the surprised question that SNO’s just got an update to increment the version numbering.

This could be true for separate repos. We uses a monorepo mostly, so almost all components are have the same release version.

1 Like