Changelog v1.9.5

A post was split to a new topic: My node is offline and does not accept the docker run command

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Node for 2 months “offline”

I updated my node and the success rate went from ~60% to this:

========== UPLOAD ============= 
Rejected:              0 
Acceptance Rate:       100.000%
---------- accepted ----------- 
Failed:                0 
Fail Rate:             0.000%
Canceled:              2 
Cancel Rate:           0.028%
Successful:            7096 
Success Rate:          99.972%

So, almost all “upload canceled” log entries were about files that were successfully uploaded and my node was not losing races. Nice.

3 Likes

Yep seems like that update works fine.

All canceled log messages are blown out of my logs :wink:

1 Like

Probably the success rate script needs updating/log messages were changed, just cosmetic, performance should be identical.

New version has some animations that introduce a lot of delay (page load, collapsing satellite held amount sections, etc). I personally don’t like them because it makes UI too sluggish and annoying to use. Anyone else finds new animations annoying?

3 Likes

I agree. Using the WebUI now is just a horribly painful experience. Even for switching between satellites you have to wait although that worked instantly before the update without any problems. The implementation doesn’t look like a loading animation that is tied to actually loading something but more like a general “delay” between every action you take on the webui. And as such it’s a real pita to use.

3 Likes

I tend to disagree as I see that the delay changes regularly. E.g. if I select a specific satellite, then another one, and finally revert to the previous satellite, the information is loading much faster than the first time.

interesting… for me it is always the same. about 1 1/2 rotations with the same delay. Even when selecting the same satellite again.

Maybe it’s more obvious when you are the proud owner of an SMR drive :grinning:

That’s definitely not it. I also always see about 1 1/2 rotations. Strangely enough I have the old dashboard open for another node (didn’t refresh since update) and switching between satellites is near instant. So it does seem this loading screen adds a significant delay.

While I like the concept of not showing data popping in, I think the implementation could use some work.

2 Likes

yeah the loading screen might need to be restrained… seems to be in some places for no reason…
most likely wasn’t beta tested :smiley:

it’s a loading screen… what can go wrong…

1 Like

I think it’s an improvement to have a loading screen when switching between 2 satellites. For me this was sometimes taking a couple of seconds so it’s good to have a loading screen instead of a freezing page.

Maybe there is a minimal delay during which the loading screen is shown? But definitely longer than 1 1/2 rotation in some instances - especially when you load the dashboard for the first time after a while.

1 Like

Same here. I guess 1.5 rotations is the “minimum” animation time.

Considering the backlash on the new loading screen, we’re going to change it in the nearest future. Please wait for changes, your feedbacks are really important to us.
Have a nice day.

12 Likes

Can storj team also look at the animation with collapsing satellite held amount info in payout page (towards the bottom). It adds delay and there is not even a query running - shojld just be instant

Do you mean collapsing held info item in Held Amount History table on mobile adaptations?

1 Like

I’ve dealt with similar loading screens, even if you implement them right it can feel like an additional delay.

I don’t think there is an actual set delay, but there are simply many pitfalls that could make things look and feel slower. The screen might be waiting for things that happen in the background like exchange with statistics tracking etc. Or things happening off screen, like data being update lower on the page or even in hidden sections. These won’t impact what the page looks like unless you implement a loading screen. The loading screen also fades away, which can only start after everything else is loaded, which adds another few hundred milliseconds. Things can quickly add up.

Instead of a full screen loading page it may be better to show loading icons on the individual items while they are waiting for API responses to be updated. This prevents showing old information but also doesn’t delay any of the data that is already available from being displayed.

Anyway, thanks @NikolaiYurchenko for the quick response to this.

5 Likes

Exactly. Thank you :pray:t2:

1 Like

Glad everyone here dislikes it too. I also feel the new “loading” screen is making the webpage load more. Consider adding an option to have it for those that like it, but definitely option to not have it.

1 Like