Changelog v1.9.5

Same. I updated this node at about 13:10:

1 Like

Came here to throw a rock at the loading screen after updating, happy to find everyone else not happy about it.

1 Like

I am happy about the loading screen.

3 Likes

Whatā€™s your experience with it that makes you like it? Does it not seem slower to you?

I can say that it doesnā€™t really bother me itā€™s not running a bootstrap to load theres no script loadingā€¦Other then the 2sec it takes to load the dashboard. Im not really in a rush to see anything so I think if people depend on the dashboard and view it 24/7 I can see it being annoying but other then thatā€¦

No it doesnā€™t. The old dashboard was showing me empty graphs for a moment. The loading screen is taking that moment. I donā€™t really mind. There are other more important problems.

1 Like

Oh I agree itā€™s not at all a big deal. But given the choice I would turn it off.

The weird thing is that I had never noticed that even happening. Did some comparisons when I still had the old dashboard open on another node and it showed data being near instantly updated. But weā€™re talking about maybe a second and a half difference. So yeah, almost everything else would be a more important problem. :slight_smile:
I think people were having differing experiences with the original setup based on your previous experience though. So I was just curious.

2 Likes

True but I love seeing changes to the dashboard it can only improve from here. Honestly next thing I wanna see is being able to set a password to view the dashboard.

You can set up a reverse proxy with https and http authentication to get that done. :wink:

There may be something more interesting to that respect coming up though: https://review.dev.storj.io/c/storj/storj/+/2289

Yeah but if I wanted too I could also change the dashboard since its open source and add an login, But I dont have the time to do all that lately since kids are stuck at homeā€¦zero free time.

This would be nice to its exciting to me I honestly cant wait to see the the future holds.

Same with me. Very happy with the new dashboard. Kudos for the amazing work so far guys :wink:

3 Likes

Thank you, please remove the loading screen as it just takes longer to see the data on screen compare to previously. I also find it annoying :frowning:

Everything else looks great :+1:

1 Like

Hey @NikolaiYurchenko :wave:

Here is my take on the new loading screen:
I get why itā€™s been introduced: It makes sure that all data is available before showing the page.

However IMHO, I tend to agree with most people here: from a UX point of view this causes the whole dashboard to feel way slower than before. Especially as it happens also whenever we select another satellite.
It is a good idea to let the user know when data is loading, or when it is ready for display though, so I think the base idea should be kept.

However may I suggest implementing a loader only on elements that are being refreshed on the dashboard (like charts, tablesā€¦) instead of the whole screen?
I think it would be a better user experience :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hey @Pac
Thank you for your feedback, we will consider this option as well.
Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Just make a switch in settings to toggle it, that would be the best.
Actually, now that I think of it - add settings.

It used to take as much time as it takes for me to scroll to the bottom of the page to see scores on all the satellites. After the update it takes that plus additional 1-2 sec of waiting per satellite, so about 10 seconds extra of waiting to check scores. I guess itā€™s an Apple way of doing it, I was always more of an Android fan.

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: If a disk disconnects while a node is running, if audits happen during this time is this still considered as missing pieces that could lead to very fast disqualification?