Connection Problems with Storj (Missing certificates)

Hello.

I wanted to create a Storj node. Unfortunately, I cannot establish a connection despite successful port activation.

My node is on a Windows root server with sufficient storage space.

Here is the LOG data:

2023-04-23T18:47:16.945+0200 ERROR contact:service ping satellite failed {“Satellite ID”: “121RTSDpyNZVcEUzoA6”, “attempts”: 12, “error”: “ping satellite: failed to ping storage node, your node indicated error code: 0, rpc: tcp connector failed: rpc: tls peer certificate verification: not signed by any CA in the whitelist: CA cert”, “errorVerbose”: “ping satellite: failed to ping storage node, your node indicated error code: 0, rpc: tcp connector failed: rpc: tls peer certificate verification: not signed by any CA in the whitelist: CA cert\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Service).pingSatelliteOnce:149\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Service).pingSatellite:102\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/contact.(*Chore).updateCycles.func1:87\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Run:160\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Start.func1:77\n\tgolang.org/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.func1:75”}

Thanks for the Help

Did you follow the instructions to create and authenticate an identity?

Yes. As it said in the instructions.

This error means the identity files used by the node are not signed. Please check the identity folder listed in your config.yaml file contains the 6 files required.

1 Like

Hello Stob,

Only the following files can be found in the named folder: ca.cert, ca.key, identity.cert and identity.key

Then you didn’t authenticate the identity. Follow these instructions here

2 Likes

Thank you very much for the help. It worked. The node is online. Unfortunately, the last point with the email address and the token was wrong. I included “<>” in creating the identity. That was the reason.

I was really in despair.

Thank you very much <3

2 Likes