I found an old htpc that no one needed in my garage.
I got the idea to make a server for storj node(s) out of it.
MB Asrock 960GC-GS FX (6x sata/mATX/VGA)
CPU AMD Athlon X2 240
RAM DDR3 2x2Gb
Also I have 2 old 3.5 HDDs: Toshiba 1Tb and Samsung 750Gb
New unused Seagate 12Tb
And old SSD 60Gb
In result, I have Ubuntu Server 20.04 installed at SSD and 3 Hdds (ext4) mounted to /mnt as
/mnt/to1t (Toshiba 1Tb)
/mnt/se12t (Seagate 12Tb)
/mnt/sa750g (samsung 750Gb)
Server connected via wired ethernet (RJ45) to router.
I have 100mbs connection that is almost free of traffic.
Now I want to config storj nodes and I don’t know wich config to use.
- Is 1 node per 1 hdd the good idea?
- Do I need different authorizes per each node
- What tactics would you advise me to follow? E.g.
- start with smallest hdd and wait for complete filling of it and start another
- start all 3 nodes at one time
- throw out small hdds and use only one node with 12Tb
- other way
I am not chasing profit.
But if the server will cover my expenses for the Internet and the electricity that the server uses, then that will be great! And of course I am aimed at long-term use of this server with replacing dead HDDs with new ones.