Could we collectively make some fun website so ppl use storj?

Having some fun with some LLM on groq.
Since Storj is for developers, and soon A.I. agents will be common, so i guess We are the developers now?

(Agents going to be a new ChatGPT.
like “why i have to chat, You chat with Yourself!”
“i want results: here are objectives, make it happen, and i will come check later”.)

Sooo was thinking well i could then just tell him/it what new website i want, in order to utilize “Stor-JAY” so my HDDs fill faster, and the egress explodes through the roof!
and he will do it for me!
some “Devin agents” programmer.

But!
i can have best programmers in the world,
but got to know, what i want first!

i was thinkin how to make ppl to use storj,
what to create, so ppl want to pay for storage and traffic,
I recall a funny meme, about succesufl web 2.0 social medias and 7 sins assigned to that,
pointing to who ever fulfills the most sins(needs) in people, wins most popularity lol
i asked LLM about that:

7 great sins

I think I can help you with that!

The diagram you’re referring to is likely a humorous take on the “7 Deadly Sins” and how they relate to popular social media platforms. Here’s a text-based representation of the diagram:

The 7 Deadly Sins of Social Media

1. Pride - Facebook (where people curate a perfect online persona)
  2. Envy - Instagram (where people covet others’ seemingly perfect lives and material possessions)
  3. Wrath - Twitter (where people argue and vent their frustrations)
  4. Sloth - Netflix (where people binge-watch shows and avoid productivity)
  5. Greed - Amazon (where people indulge in consumerism and materialism)
  6. Gluttony - YouTube (where people overconsume content and waste time)
  7. Lust - Tinder (where people seek fleeting connections and superficial relationships)

This humorous take on the 7 Deadly Sins highlights how each social media platform can enable or encourage certain negative behaviors. Of course, it’s essential to remember that social media can also have many positive effects when used responsibly!

Please note that this is just one possible interpretation, and there might be other variations of this diagram or concept. If you have any more information or context about the original diagram, I might be able to help you identify it more accurately.

Hmmm the service gotto fullfill some greeds, or needs or both?
and how about great virtues?

7 Virtues

What a great question!

Yes, there are several frameworks that connect companies or social media platforms to virtues or positive values. Here’s one possible representation:

The 7 Virtues of Social Media

1. Chastity - WhatsApp (where people practice self-control and respectful communication)
  2. Temperance - Medium (where people share thoughtful, well-researched content)
  3. Charity - GoFundMe (where people come together to support good causes)
  4. Diligence - LinkedIn (where people focus on professional development and networking)
  5. Patience - Pinterest (where people cultivate creativity and patience through DIY projects)
  6. Kindness - Reddit (where people share knowledge and support each other)
  7. Humility - Wikipedia (where people contribute to a collective knowledge base without seeking personal gain)

This framework highlights how social media platforms can enable positive behaviors and values. Of course, this is just one possible interpretation, and different people might connect virtues to companies in different ways.

Keep in mind that these connections are subjective and intended to inspire reflection on the role of social media in our lives. By acknowledging both the positive and negative aspects of social media, we can strive to use these platforms in ways that promote virtues and positive values.

If i could create a service or platform to make storj popular what it would be? …
OR maybe lets see what data is the most popular, and just hook up?

i asked:
Lets talk about world wide data storage. Can You specifie me on what data types it is divided, and how much space it takes in terms of whole world wide storage? rank it from the highest to lowest please

World data

"What a fascinating topic!

Estimating the total amount of data stored worldwide is a complex task, as it’s constantly growing and evolving. However, I can provide you with a rough breakdown of the different data types and their estimated storage requirements. Keep in mind that these numbers are approximate and based on various sources, including research papers, industry reports, and expert estimates.

Here’s a ranking of the data types by their estimated storage requirements, from highest to lowest:

1. Video data: 500-700 Exabytes (EB) - This includes videos on platforms like YouTube, Netflix, and social media, as well as surveillance footage and other video content.
  2. Image data: 200-300 EB - This includes photos on social media, online marketplaces, and other websites, as well as images used in various industries like healthcare and e-commerce.
  3. Text data: 100-200 EB - This includes emails, chat logs, documents, and other text-based data stored on devices and in the cloud.
  4. Audio data: 50-100 EB - This includes music files, podcasts, audiobooks, and other audio content stored on devices and in the cloud.
  5. Sensor data: 20-50 EB - This includes data generated by IoT devices, sensors, and other machines, such as temperature readings, GPS coordinates, and more.
  6. Backup and archive data: 10-20 EB - This includes backups of important data, archives of historical data, and other types of secondary storage.
  7. Database data: 5-10 EB - This includes structured data stored in databases, such as customer information, transaction records, and other relational data.
  8. Scientific data: 1-5 EB - This includes data generated by scientific research, simulations, and experiments, such as climate models, genomic data, and more.
  9. Gaming data: 0.5-1 EB - This includes game saves, game data, and other gaming-related content.
  10. Other data: 0.1-0.5 EB - This includes miscellaneous data types, such as firmware, software updates, and other types of data that don’t fit into the above categories.

To put these numbers into perspective, 1 Exabyte (EB) is equivalent to 1 billion Gigabytes (GB). The total estimated data storage worldwide is around 5-7 Zettabytes (ZB), with 1 ZB equal to 1 trillion GB.

Keep in mind that these estimates vary widely depending on the source and methodology used. Additionally, the growth rate of data storage is expected to continue, driven by increasing adoption of IoT devices, social media, and other data-intensive technologies."

Well F***.
You can see right away that encrypted data is a “no no” for The Big tech, which wants to have access to it all, and now a days, train theirs LLM on it
(not to mention good’ol knowing everything about You)

Tho the 1, 2, and 3 seems like nice pipeline to plug in,
but those are occupied by the Big Tech already.

Storj need to seek its customers among the projects that want to keep data lawfully confidential, like those hospitals data. The data that has to be accessed only by authorized eyes. Does hospitals have much data demand?

LLM says:

3. Medical data: 20-100 EB

Medical data, including hospital medical data, is a significant contributor to the overall data storage landscape. While it’s challenging to estimate the exact amount of medical data stored worldwide, I can provide some context and insights.

Medical Data Storage:

Medical data encompasses a broad range of data types, including:

1. Electronic Health Records (EHRs)
  2. Medical Imaging (e.g., MRI, CT scans, X-rays)
  3. Clinical Trials Data
  4. Genomic Data
  5. Wearable Device Data
  6. Telemedicine Records
  7. Pharmaceutical Research Data

The storage requirements for medical data are substantial, driven by the increasing adoption of digital health technologies, the growth of personalized medicine, and the need for data-driven healthcare decisions.

Estimated Storage Requirements:

While it’s difficult to pinpoint an exact figure, here are some estimates:

• Medical Imaging Data: 10-20 EB (estimated to grow to 100 EB by 2025)
  • Electronic Health Records (EHRs): 5-10 EB
  • Genomic Data: 1-5 EB
  • Clinical Trials Data: 1-2 EB
  • Wearable Device Data: 0.5-1 EB
  • Telemedicine Records: 0.1-0.5 EB
  • Pharmaceutical Research Data: 0.1-0.5 EB

These estimates suggest that medical data storage requirements could range from 20 EB to over 100 EB, depending on the specific data types and growth rates.

Ranking among Data Types:

Based on these estimates, medical data storage would likely rank among the top 5 data types, possibly even breaking into the top 3, considering the growth rates and increasing adoption of digital health technologies.

Here’s a revised ranking, including medical data:

1. Video data: 500-700 EB
  2. Image data: 200-300 EB
  3. Medical data: 20-100 EB
  4. Text data: 100-200 EB
  5. Audio data: 50-100 EB

Please note that these estimates are rough and based on various sources, including research papers, industry reports, and expert opinions. The actual storage requirements for medical data might be higher or lower, depending on various factors, such as data compression, storage efficiency, and the pace of digital transformation in the healthcare industry.

well whole Storj is like 0.03 EB now,
So yea maybe go hospitals!
hospitals alone can make my disk spin!
Topic terminated! Lol

no but seriously, that would go to certified SNOs,
and ♫ “I’m just a regular everyday normal” ♫ …home SNO,

soo maybe we could collectively make some fun website so ppl use storj?
i don’t know, like some payphone alike video service?
Number 1 priority: it has to be fun!
Whats Your ideas?

We could also make a serverless website (ie hosted on gitlab pages) that runs uplink in the browser, slap a pretty synology-like interface on top of it and use that to give access to dropbox like behavior right in the browser.

Runescape could run an entire game in the browser that had 200,000 concurrent players online. I think a bit of effort to make a website that gives easier access to storj to “the masses” could get a fast ROI, even if that isn’t “the target audience”.

My $0.02.

1 Like

If you would be able to solve this, we will send you at least swags, but likely much more than that. Seriously.
Please, do it!

I’m not a programmer, but I know that there are ways to do anything and everything: https://training.linuxfoundation.org/blog/an-introduction-to-webassembly/

Yes, and the first one who would be able to implement our libuplink as a webassembly will get a prize!

Seriously. The multi thread uploads/downloads is a challenge for the browser. Especially with e2e encryption…
This is why we use an S3 gateway in a first place… even in our “Browse” screen in the satellite UI… :face_in_clouds:

If this was that easy… webassembly only works within security contexts of web browsers, and it is those security contexts that limit implementations of the native Storj protocol.

1 Like

You are absolutely correct. We will be happy to provide this in the browser, but browsers do not support it at the moment…