Crashes and Issues

I get this error:

2023-08-05T10:09:25-07:00 FATAL Unrecoverable error {“error”: “piecestore monitor: timed out after 1m0s while verifying writability of storage directory”, “errorVerbose”: “piecestore monitor: timed out after 1m0s while verifying writability of storage directory\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/monitor.(*Service).Run.func2.1:169\n\tstorj.io/common/sync2.(*Cycle).Run:160\n\tstorj.io/storj/storagenode/monitor.(*Service).Run.func2:161\n\tgolang.org/x/sync/errgroup.(*Group).Go.func1:75”}

Please advise what to do. It crashes the whole service and then when I restart it, it shows that I have like 10 KB in storage.

1 Like

maybe

1 Like

The used space and the reported space should be aligned with the Garbage Collector, it will move pieces, which should not be on your node anymore to the trash folder. The trash folder will be emptied after a week, no need any interventions to that.
But your node should finish at least a filewalker process to update the correct usage on the dashboard. It usually running on start. If your disk is slow (it’s, since it has writeablitiy timeouts), it could work for days. When it finish, your local used space should match the used space on the dashboard (the right widget).
The reported space (with graph), it’s a used space reported by your node to the satellite, it should be confirmed by orders from the customers, who actually uses your available space.
This Average Used Space will be paid in the next month for a previous one.